Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saluki
    replied
    Wife thought the slant roof would look like a big commode in the back yard, so that was torn down for a gable roof.

Leave a comment:

• Saluki
    replied
    This was my first attempt with steel studs, they are pretty nice to work with, although a bit weak until you get them covered. This was my first attempt to frame the walls and ceiling.

Leave a comment:

• Saluki
    replied
    Thanks for the response Gulf - I got it covered with 3 complete layers, almost 4.

Leave a comment:

• Gulf
    replied
    Two 50 square feet boxes should do you just fine.

Leave a comment:

• Saluki
    replied
    Well, I guess insulation is next, likely early next week. I have tow boxes of this, I'll see how far it gets me and decide from there whether to get more blanket or fill with loose vermiculite.

Leave a comment:

• Saluki
    replied
    Got the anchor plate mounted today.

Leave a comment:

• Saluki
    replied
    And another question - If I go with the vermiculite - Should I loose fill or go with a vermicrete blend and cover the blanket within the enclosure?

Leave a comment:

• Saluki
    replied
    For anyone interested. It took 200 bricks nearly exactly to build the dome/vent/landing. Standard size firebricks.

Leave a comment:

• Saluki
    replied
    For those that have completed a doghouse style oven - Would you recommend 3" of ceramic blanket or 2" blanket and loose fill with vermiculite? I plan to start wrapping this baby and building an enclosure soon and just wanting some input from those that have been down this road?

Thanks in advance.

Leave a comment:

• Saluki
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Saluki
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Saluki
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Saluki
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Saluki
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Saluki
    replied
    Those are prefect. Just looking to see what size others have left open in the vent arch. I hope to get that closed up by the end of the weekend.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X