• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

For those that have completed a doghouse style oven - Would you recommend 3" of ceramic blanket or 2" blanket and loose fill with vermiculite? I plan to start wrapping this baby and building an enclosure soon and just wanting some input from those that have been down this road?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

For anyone interested. It took 200 bricks nearly exactly to build the dome/vent/landing. Standard size firebricks.

Comment

And another question - If I go with the vermiculite - Should I loose fill or go with a vermicrete blend and cover the blanket within the enclosure?

Comment

Got the anchor plate mounted today.

Comment

Well, I guess insulation is next, likely early next week. I have tow boxes of this, I'll see how far it gets me and decide from there whether to get more blanket or fill with loose vermiculite.

Comment

Two 50 square feet boxes should do you just fine.
                        Joe Watson, "A year from now, you will have wished that you had started today"
                        My Build
                        My Web Album

Comment

Thanks for the response Gulf - I got it covered with 3 complete layers, almost 4.

Comment

This was my first attempt with steel studs, they are pretty nice to work with, although a bit weak until you get them covered. This was my first attempt to frame the walls and ceiling.

Comment

Wife thought the slant roof would look like a big commode in the back yard, so that was torn down for a gable roof.

Comment

This is getting closer.

Comment

Working...
                                X