Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PizzaJNKY pompeii build

I'm trying to get my photos posted.
    Last edited by PizzaJNKY; 04-09-2008, 09:23 PM.
    "Pizza, the world's most perfect food."

Re: PizzaJNKY pompeii build

I will be watching!

Comment

Okay, I think this will work better. Let me know if you can see them or not.

http://tech.ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/PizzaJNKY/photos
      Last edited by PizzaJNKY; 04-10-2008, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Finally got to see your pictures! Looking good. I see you are enlisting the aid of your pup. I am currently training my beagle to help me point and clean the inside of the dome when I am finished. I will hopefully be starting to tear up my yard this weekend if the winds will cooperate.

-Mike

Comment

Jnky,

To view your picture's on yahoo was a brutally painfull experience - ended up getting dropped into a vortex and never got to see them. Using a site like

Slide - slideshows, slide shows, photo sharing, image hosting, widgets, MySpace codes, web publishing, music - Slide is straight forward.

Les...
          Check out my pictures here:
          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

I'd recommend posting them here. Many photos posted a few years ago have disappeared because Yahoo frees up the space for newer and more frequently accessed pics. James stores them here for eternity, give or take a hundred thousand years.
            GJBingham
            -----------------------------------
            Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

-

Comment

One of these days I will figure out how to get my photos posted in the right spot. Technology....Ugh! I'm lucky I can type.

Comment

Quick update on my build. Today, I've been working on the arch for the entry way. I may be a little slow, cause for some reason, I just don't get it. It looks so easy when I see all the photos others have posted. This has to be the hardest part of the build so far. I don't work tomorrow, so I should be able to figure it out. (I hope)

Comment

Haaa! You're there! Losing sleep and dreaming of cutting bricks - your brain trying to figure it out as you sleep! Gotta love it, huh? Enjoy! It passes too quickly. Ask a question rather than guessing. I can't help you with an arch transition, but there's plenty of people here who can.
                  GJBingham

-

Comment

I think you're right Bingham. As challenging as this project is, I am enjoying it. I have certain relatives that don't know it yet, but I think I might have to convince them to build one also, just so I can help.

This project has really consumed me. I think about it all the time, even when I should be focusing on other things, my brain is thinking "POMPEII!"

In addition to trying to figure out how to make an arch for the entry way, I am also thinking about the chimney/vent and how the heck am I gonna make that? I am planning on buying the 6" duratek chimney, since it is much more affordable than the 8" model. I've spent this entire night checking out Ken's kentucky dome photos trying to figure out how he made those cuts for the vent, and wondering if I have those kind of skills. Time will tell.

Comment

Check out mine as well. Not as well done as Ken's. I used simpler cuts as much as possible. The thread is: George's Pompeii Progress.

Enjoy the build. You'll find yourself suddenly done and your mind suddenly unoccupied in no time. That's a real let down.
                      GJBingham

-

Comment

I have mortared in my soldier course, and now there is a hair-line crack that runs through/parallel with the mortar line between two of the soldier course bricks.

Should I be concerned about this crack? Did I do something wrong with the mortar mix, or is this expected?

Comment

Did you soak your bricks? It's possible the dry bricks sucked the moisture out of the mortar. Possible?

James
                          Last edited by james; 04-17-2008, 02:24 PM.
                          Pizza Ovens
                          Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Ooops. I knew I forgot something. From here on out, all bricks will be soaked.

As for the first discovered crack, do you think I need to repair in some manner?

Comment

It might not be a bad idea to knock out that brick, soak it, then reset it. Check the others closely. You might have more cracks.
                              GJBingham

-

Comment

Working...
                              X