No announcement yet.

42" build in Michoacan, Mexico

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dang, 130 bucks worth of oak. OOPs wrong builder.
    Last edited by UtahBeehiver; 05-30-2020, 10:42 AM.
    Russell
    Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Very nice work!
      My build thread
      https://community.fornobravo.com/for...h-corner-build

Comment

Originally posted by Mongo View Post
        Well done. I have to ask, how'd you get the flu form out? I used the same method and cut mine out with a fein tool.

I also used the same ceramic rope method and want to let you know it seems to be working great. Of course we can't know how it would work without it.
        Last Saturday night I left the oven open after a pizza fire. In the morning I closed it with my wooden door and the oven stabilized at 350 f. My wife baked cookies while I was at the beach.
        Monday morning the oven was at about 300. Monday afternoon we baked a salmon quiche at about 275.

A few weeks back I couldn't resist the temptation and closed the oven before bed with a good bed of coals still going. The next afternoon the oven was at 550 f. Of course the backside of my door was completely charred. Looks like the aftermath of a house fire but it still functions.
        With your stainless floor break you should be golden.
        Thanks Mongo and Im glad to see that you can finally get back to the beach. My flue form was only about 3 inches so it was pretty easy to remove the screws and slide each piece out. Too be honest I didnt know if this would work until it came time to remove it. I'll attach a photo of how the form looked once disassembled. The ceramic rope method I used was taken from your build along with a couple of other really good ideas. Thanks for documenting your build.

Comment

Originally posted by JRPizza View Post
          Very nice work!
          Thanks JR. I referred to your build thread quite a bit over the last few weeks.

Comment

Hopefully you found it useful. I totally agree with you statement about the vent being one of the tougher parts of a build. I had given myself enough room to build the vent but had no idea how I was going to do it. I studied builds to see what kind of vent they used and searched for any "how to" information. There was not much to go on but I liked the look of the serpentine shaped vent and was able to envision how to build one. That is the key to building a WFO - there are many different design options and you need to find the ones that you can "see" yourself building. I like your use of the vent forms - I had considered it but just did mine freehand. Yours is very clean.
            My build thread

Comment

So today I got about as far as I can get without having a chimney pipe. The plan was to have one fabricated here locally however the price that I was quoted was more expensive then buying a complete duratech system so I ordered the parts online and I'm having them delivered to our home in Florida. I have to go back to the states soon to do my taxes and had planned on flying but with the closest airports still closed its looking like my best option is to drive home, do my taxes and then drive back with the chimney pipe. Its a 2,500 mile drive each way so we are setting aside atleast 15 days for the trip. My biggest worry is the oven fiber ceramic board getting wet while we are gone. We are also having an awning built over the outdoor kitchen and Im worried that the workers could drop material on the oven and damage it while we are gone so today I put up the steel frame walls and topped it off with plywood. I then covered the whole thing with nylon tarps.

Comment

If your going to have it shipped to florida check out www.menards.com they use a different brand called supervent and its cheaper and they ship as well. The store is like a Home Depot here in the midwest.

Ricky
                My Build Pictures
                https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%...18BD00F374765D

Comment

Originally posted by Chach View Post
                  If your going to have it shipped to florida check out www.menards.com they use a different brand called supervent and its cheaper and they ship as well. The store is like a Home Depot here in the midwest.

Ricky
                  Thats a great tip Ricky thanks. I tried the Menards option but kept getting the message in my cart that they did not have the 8" supervent in 36" lenth in stock.

Comment

Originally posted by towersurf View Post
                    So today I got about as far as I can get without having a chimney pipe. The plan was to have one fabricated here locally however the price that I was quoted was more expensive then buying a complete duratech system so I ordered the parts online and I'm having them delivered to our home in Florida. I have to go back to the states soon to do my taxes and had planned on flying but with the closest airports still closed its looking like my best option is to drive home, do my taxes and then drive back with the chimney pipe. Its a 2,500 mile drive each way so we are setting aside atleast 15 days for the trip. My biggest worry is the oven fiber ceramic board getting wet while we are gone. We are also having an awning built over the outdoor kitchen and Im worried that the workers could drop material on the oven and damage it while we are gone so today I put up the steel frame walls and topped it off with plywood. I then covered the whole thing with nylon tarps.
                    It should be fine I Had mine covered the winter like that and it turned out to be ok...You did your do diligence and took the necessary action needed..

Ricky
                    My Build Pictures

Comment

Over the last few weeks when I couldnt move forward with the oven build I still stayed busy working on other parts of the outdoor kitchen project. With some leftover firebricks I made my wife a fogón which is like a Mexican fire pit where she can cook over an open wood fire. They mostly use it for frying but it can also be used for soups and sauces or grilling strait on the grill.

Comment

I also able to finish getting the cement stucco on the rest on the cinder blocks. Im still not sure what the final finish will be. I might just do a fine cement finish coat or maybe some type of tiling if we find something we like. For the countertops I want to do cement countertops. Some of the ones I have seen look really nice.

Comment

Wow, 2500 miles is quite a drive for a supply run! My chimney pipes arrived dented (you can see pics on my thread) and although the good folks at Menards shipped me replacements it still took three tries to get some that were not damaged. I was pretty happy with the Supervent and went with the deluxe rain cap which I think looks pretty good sitting on top of the pipe. The spark arrestor does a good job too.
                          My build thread

Comment

Wow, 2500 miles is quite a drive for a supply run! My chimney pipes arrived dented (you can see pics on my thread) and although the good folks at Menards shipped me replacements it still took three tries to get some that were not damaged. I was pretty happy with the Supervent and went with the deluxe rain cap which I think looks pretty good sitting on top of the pipe. The spark arrestor does a good job too.
                            Lol ...sometimes my projects send me to the store multiple times so I may drive that 2500 miles going from the house to the home depot multiple times. LOL
                            My Build Pictures

Comment

I too like the looks of the deluxe rain cap. Seems like it would do a better job of keeping rain out then some of the other ones I have seen. Do you know if its interchangable with other systerms like Duratech?

Comment

Not sure about interchangeability. You could probably call Menards customer service and ask.
                                My build thread

Comment

Working...
                                X