Pompeii Oven floor from Forno Bravo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pompeii Oven floor from Forno Bravo

Yes, you can put the insulation just under the igloo. Be sure it is under any part that gets hot (dome walls, floor, landing, etc.). This is what is done if you use an insulation board rather than the vermiculite/concrete.
    Mike - Saginaw, MI

Picasa Web Album
    My oven build thread

Comment

Thank you so much. I thought that this made sense, but I couldn't find anything in the directions or postings about it.
      Best Wishes,
      Connie

Comment

does anyone know if you can cut these tiles to fit a casa oven?

Comment

Tommy,

Anything can be cut if you have the proper blade, refractory materials are pretty easy (compared to something like porcelain).

Les...
          Check out my pictures here:
          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

I found a supplier in the San Francisco Bay Area that has 24" X 36" X 3" firebrick tiles at $81 per. I am considering using them for my oven floor to minimize the number of seams. I'm not sure how I will be able to cut them to fit and set them up for diagonal seams. I like the look of them though.

Comment

We use firebrick tiles in the Primavera oven. It's a nice material, it cooks great, you don't have too many seams, and they look really cool! We do cut them and fit the oven dome around the floor -- so it can be done. :-)
              James
              Pizza Ovens
              Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

I found a supplier in the San Francisco Bay Area that has 24" X 36" X 3" firebrick tiles at $81 per. I am considering using them for my oven floor to minimize the number of seams. I'm not sure how I will be able to cut them to fit and set them up for diagonal seams. I like the look of them though.

Comment

Cutting big masonry slabs is a pain - they don't fit on the wet saw, and using the angle grinder to score and break is crude at best. You could take them down to the stoneyard and have them cut them to shape on their giant diamond saw, but that's not cheap.
                  My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

Working...
                  X