Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My massive build movie

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • My massive build movie

    https://youtu.be/guZZfsJH0H8

    see YouTube video.

    yes I spent 3k on insulation.

    about 42k into this project.

  • #2
    Hi
    Apologies if answer for this is already on another thread.
    My WFO temperature in the morning is around 160C
    I would love to cook bread the next morning.
    I suspect I did not use enough insulation on floor as the dome is v well insulated with few inches fire blanket and vermiculite.
    I had hoped to have around 200C in morning to cook loaf.
    Any tips on “topping” up oven in morning to get to 200-220c or on retrofit floor insulation.

    Comment


    • #3
      You don't say how old your oven is, but most builders report that their oven efficiency keeps on improving many weeks after finishing the build. The underfloor insulation is the last and most difficult to dry. Some drain holes in the supporting slab help to allow moisture to escape. Also an insulated door helps retain heat after a decent cook up if you want to use the oven the next day. Other than that a small fir to boost up the temperature in the morning is no big deal.
      Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

      Comment


      • #4
        A little bit of data on my oven. Floor temp was kept at 625* for approximately 3 hours while cooking. After the flame went out at 9:45pm, I closed the damper and fit my insulated door. This morning at 6:45am I checked the floor temp and it was 400*. 9 hours and an average loss per hour of 25*.
        My newbie build thread: https://community.fornobravo.com/for...ie-ready-to-go

        Comment


        • #5
          Nice finished oven. But, you may scare some folks off with with the final price of your oven if they don't watch the video all the way through . 3k for insulation, even with the overkill? You should have done some competitive pricing imo.
          Last edited by Gulf; 12-04-2022, 05:16 PM.
          Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

          Comment


          • #6
            Ok.

            $42,000 was for the entire of involve the thousand square feet of them colored stamped concrete in the drain system the water system and the six to $7000 stereo system.

            There also is a massive amount of insulation on the oven there’s a total of 4 inches of ceramic fiberboard under the oven 5 1/2 inches a perlite concrete under that.
            on top of the oven there are 6 inches of ceramic fiber blanket around the entire oven with 2 to 3 feet of perlite sitting on top of that.

            The superstructure was the most expensive probably about $10,000.

            Many of the wood beams were $200-$300 each.

            I use tongue and groove one and a quarter inch flooring for the roof which was also expensive.

            many of the bolts for the superstructure were 7 to 12 inches long and 7 to 8 dollars each.

            many of the other hardware pieces were $30 each.

            and I’m only counting the cost of all the materials not the labor involved.

            so yes please watch the entire video it’s a outdoor entertainment area.

            The oven itself probably was somewhere around 2 1/2 thousand dollars. Of course not counting the insulation.

            One day after firing the oven it’ll still be 600 in the oven.

            One week later it’ll still be about 240.

            I also have a 6 inch plug door that I had custom belt that probably cost me around $450.

            i’ll upgrade the video soon to show more of the build and the finished product.

            I See Fire Oven Fire, see video below

            https://youtu.be/Y4EJQAe4bLU

            Comment


            • #7
              See video below.

              https://youtu.be/Y4EJQAe4bLU

              here’s a brief video of my pizza oven.

              there’s more about my build under the pizza oven build form.

              Comment


              • #8
                https://youtu.be/Y4EJQAe4bLU

                enjoy

                Comment


                • #9
                  Yes it can

                  see below

                  https://youtu.be/AoiSeIHBYyU

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Pizza and Waterfalls can it be done?

                    https://youtu.be/AoiSeIHBYyU

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by w650gb500 View Post
                      A little bit of data on my oven. Floor temp was kept at 625* for approximately 3 hours while cooking. After the flame went out at 9:45pm, I closed the damper and fit my insulated door. This morning at 6:45am I checked the floor temp and it was 400*. 9 hours and an average loss per hour of 25*.

                      mine was 650F the next day 24 hrs later.

                      I did spend 3k on insulation though.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by RugerFan777 View Post


                        mine was 650F the next day 24 hrs later.

                        I did spend 3k on insulation though.
                        You didn’t say what the floor temperature of your oven was before shutting it down. Some people cook Neapolitan pizza at 900*-1000*, so that is something that needs to be mentioned.

                        Also, can you explain how you insulated your oven? Do you have a link to your build? Thanks.
                        My newbie build thread: https://community.fornobravo.com/for...ie-ready-to-go

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by RugerFan777 View Post


                          mine was 650F the next day 24 hrs later.

                          I did spend 3k on insulation though.
                          Interesting. I find that, now that my oven is nice and dry, that the temperature after 24 hours (with the door closed) is about 280 deg C (550F) and after 48 hours it drops to around 150 deg C (300F)
                          My insulation is 75mm of (cheap) aerated concrete under 50mm of sand under my floor bricks and 25mm to 50mm insulating blanket over my dome, (I did not have enough to cover the whole thing with 2 layers of 25mm) with 150mm regular fibreglass insulation over that and foil over that and then mesh and 30mm cement plaster render over it all.

                          In a way, it's a little too warm as we like to do a roast on the night after pizzas and I usually have to leave the door off for part of the afternoon to get the oven down to 220-250C. I've yet to plan ahead to use the oven on the next day after at 120-150C, as that would be quite good, I think, for a slow-cooked meal.

                          I only spent about $150 on insulation, so call mine the cheap solution! LOL
                          My 42" build: https://community.fornobravo.com/for...ld-new-zealand
                          My oven drawings: My oven drawings - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by w650gb500 View Post

                            You didn’t say what the floor temperature of your oven was before shutting it down. Some people cook Neapolitan pizza at 900*-1000*, so that is something that needs to be mentioned.

                            Also, can you explain how you insulated your oven? Do you have a link to your build? Thanks.

                            I spread coals over floor before putting it to bed. So floor would be 800 F .


                            24 hrs latter floor is 650F.

                            that’s a record.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by MarkJerling View Post

                              Interesting. I find that, now that my oven is nice and dry, that the temperature after 24 hours (with the door closed) is about 280 deg C (550F) and after 48 hours it drops to around 150 deg C (300F)
                              My insulation is 75mm of (cheap) aerated concrete under 50mm of sand under my floor bricks and 25mm to 50mm insulating blanket over my dome, (I did not have enough to cover the whole thing with 2 layers of 25mm) with 150mm regular fibreglass insulation over that and foil over that and then mesh and 30mm cement plaster render over it all.

                              In a way, it's a little too warm as we like to do a roast on the night after pizzas and I usually have to leave the door off for part of the afternoon to get the oven down to 220-250C. I've yet to plan ahead to use the oven on the next day after at 120-150C, as that would be quite good, I think, for a slow-cooked meal.

                              I only spent about $150 on insulation, so call mine the cheap solution! LOL
                              U might have more thermal mass than me.

                              also my outside temps at night are 50F

                              thays pretty good.

                              8inches over dome is more than mine, I have 6inches and 2 to 3 feet pearilite

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X