X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Aussie Mobile base oven

G"day mate are you fair dinkum!
    Peter.
    Last edited by toyota08; 09-04-2008, 03:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by toyota08 View Post
      G"day mate are you fair dinkum!
      Peter.
      You betcha, it's a great day.

All I meant is that we love love love pictures here on this site, so anytime you're wondering whether we'd appreciate them, the answer is surely yes.

Hope to see some!

Comment

G'day Groves one photo of bending rolls and oven update coming soon mate.
        I have finished the dome and started the chimney area just havent got a photo editer on this pc.
        cheers mate Peter.

Comment

G'day all spent the my rdo fitting up the chimney,i decided to go for a square entrance with the bricks supported by 3/8 steel lintals,with the chimney clamped through to the lintals.i will be placing some kaowool under the chimney plate to take up any warping.
          cheers Peter

Comment

That's nice! I like the round inside arch with a square one outside, gives it a different look.
            "Building a Brick oven is the most fun anyone can have by themselves." (Terry Pratchett... slightly amended)

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/p...pics-2610.html
            http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f9/p...nues-2991.html

Comment

Thanks Frances it was easy to make and ive only seen a few wfo's with the square front,and i havent forgot the pics of the bending rolls will do it soon.
              cheers Peter

Comment

Here are the bending rolls guys
                cheers Peter

Comment

Thanks for the pic, that looks like a neat thing to have around the house.
                  "Building a Brick oven is the most fun anyone can have by themselves." (Terry Pratchett... slightly amended)

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/p...pics-2610.html
                  http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f9/p...nues-2991.html

Comment

G"day all spent sunday putting the ceramic cloth under and around the
                    flue then covered it with wire mesh.Sorry no photos ran out of batteries,
                    also put on the first layer of 7to1 vermicrete insulation seems to be ok.

cheers Peter

Comment

Aussie Mobile base oven

Hi all added kaowool cloth to dome wraped it in wire lath then added the last laters of vermicrete.Overall thickness came out not bad 6" on top gradually tapering off to about 41/2 to 5 " around the sides.Also made a peel from a old 12" pizza tray just need to make a ash scoop and brush.
                      cheers Peter,

Comment

Aussie Mobile base oven

G"day all its been a long day have spent 14hrs curing the oven.
                        slowly ramped up the temp through the day,only had a small crack appear
                        around one side of the square front buts looks not to be a problem.
                        Not one crack in dome yet,We made roast pork, veggies and banana pie with icecream for desert.We all think its the best roast we have had in years.
                        Cheers Peter
                        Last edited by toyota08; 09-27-2008, 03:01 AM.

Comment

Aussie Mobile base oven

G"day all got the base finished cement sheet rendered wth dulux acrylic render great stuff .pizza party sunday arvo should be great.

cheers peter

Comment

Hi Peter,
                            I'm new to the site , but really enjoyed reading through your building posts. Thanx for going to the time and effort to record your journey. Love your oven, well done mate !
                            Cheere Lee
                            Cheers Lee

Comment

Thanks mate here are are the photos of the last pizza party.
                              good luck with your project as u can see i used no special
                              materials and 5 firings later only some small cracks coming from my flue mount area.You can buy a good book from Earth Garden - sustainable living with country and city alternatives i think
                              is the web site the book is on building brick ovens in aus!only $20.00,they are in Trentham not far from you.On sunday fired up for 1.5 hours inside temp 414deg i let the fire burn right down then put in 1 lkg lamb 1kg beef spuds pumkin a mix of pepers caps and eggplant 2 hours approx later + beer the best bloody roast we have ever had mate,not to mention if you follow the forno wood fired pizza book you will eat the best pizza u have ever had.good luck with your project mate any probs message me cheers
                              Peter

Comment

Peter quite an interesting oven, I like the portable aspect. I was camping on the October long weekend at an out of town caravan park, with a group of friends. One bought his home BBQ and cooked a whole range of stuff on it, even stir fry. Then another bought his spit along......as I was watching it all over a few beers they joked at me saying wheres is my brick oven.....now all I need to do is work out how I could build one like yours and tow it along with me.....inspiring
                                Last edited by Bacterium; 10-17-2008, 03:11 AM. Reason: spelling
                                Cheers
                                Damon

Build #1

Build #2 (Current)

Comment

Working...
                                X