X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chops
    replied
    Originally posted by james View Post
    NOTE: Any pricing or bill of goods referenced in this post is not considered binding or maintained. For current pricing or Bill of Goods, please refer to two links below for the on line store or contact a sales representative.

http://www.fornobravo.com/store/Pompeii90-Oven-Kit.html

http://www.fornobravo.com/store/Pomp...-Oven-Kit.html

We have been working with a large refractory manufacturer to put together a cost-effective Pompeii Oven “kit” for U.S. builders, and I think we have come up with a very good solution. The Forno Bravo Pompeii110 kit includes everything you need to build a 43.3” (110cm) oven, including the floor, dome, vent and insulation. It includes:

140 9”x4.5”x2.5” medium duty firebricks (38% alumina, 134 lb density)
    20 12”x12”x2.5” floor tiles (38% alumina, 134 lb density)
    165 lbs high temp, waterproof mortar (the new FB Mortar)
    50 sq ft. 1” insulating blanket (FB Blanket)
    3 24”x36”x2” insulating board (FB Board)

The target price is $800. Our product strategy was to meet or beat the best price you can find locally for every item in the kit, including $1.20 per firebrick, $50 for a 55lb bag of mortar, etc., so that the overall of cost of the kit is the lowest you can find.

The kit weighs roughly 2,000 lbs, and it fits on a single pallet. A liftgate delivery truck will set it on your driveway. We have done everything possible to keep shipping costs low, and we have come up with the following rates. I think the cost of the kit is competitive, even with shipping cost.

NorCal $100
    SoCal $150
    Northwest $250
    Mountain States $300
    Texas $350
    Midwest $400
    East coast $500

There are a number of advantages of going with a kit. You don’t have to do a lot of shopping looking for individual items, and you don’t have to worry about getting the wrong stuff. The 12”x12” floor tiles reduce the number of seams, are made from the same material and process as the dome firebricks, and they don’t increase the oven cost. And the high tech insulators work very well.

I am very interested in hearing what everybody thinks. My hope is that the kit will make it easier to build a Pompeii Oven, without taking away any of the fun.

James
    Even (IF) you'd send everything in the kit, but the Fire Bricks. This would be awesome. Instead of making all the exact Fire Bricks Pre-cut ? You might be able to cut Solid Styrofoam blocks in the exact sizes that the fire bricks would be & Number them accordingly ? Most Folks have access to Fire bricks in their respected areas. & can run a Brick Masorny saw. But the Measureing of Math & Angled bricks "Not so Easy". Just a thought !! Besides , Styrofoam is a lot lighter to ship in boxes, than a 2,000 Lb. Pallet of Bricks, etc.. You could still sell everything else that goes with the kit, except the heavy fire bricks. Hmm!!

The Chops

Leave a comment:

• UtahBeehiver
    replied
    That is correct, FB only does cast DIY ovens now. One member recently did a brick kit version but it is imported from Australia with a US distributor.

Leave a comment:

• Allank
    replied
    UtahBeehiver,
    I’m not seeing any Pompeii kits on the Online Store part of the website. I might be overlooking it, or looking in the wrong spot.

Leave a comment:

• UtahBeehiver
    replied
    All the DIY kits are shown on the FB Store site along with pricing

Leave a comment:

• Allank
    replied
    It looks like the posts regarding the Pompeii kits are quite old. Are the kits still available? If so, where can I find the pricing.

Leave a comment:

• Gulf
    replied
    This is an old thread. In January of 2016 Forno Bravo made this announcemet concerning shipping in the continental United States.
    Posted by Mitch Clark

Salinas, CA January 15, 2016 – Forno Bravo, a leading manufacturer of wood fired pizza ovens, has announced a new pricing structure that takes effect January 18, 2016. The pricing structure covers all residential and commercial modular oven kits and assembled pizza ovens. The streamlined pricing makes it easier for the customer to purchase a pizza oven by eliminating “hidden fees” like crate and loading charges. Additionally, all modular oven kits will include free shipping in the contiguous 48 United States. Shipping fees will still apply to fully assembled ovens.
    Who da guy pizzas,

Contact Mike Breeze at BBQ Island in Kealakua, Hawaii. Mike (Greatgrill.com ) is the distributor for Forno Bravo ovens in Hawaii. Their local phone number is in both links. Of course, it is always best to visit the Forno Bravo Store and contact one of their sales staff for the latest pricing..

Leave a comment:

• Who da guy pizzas
    replied
    How much is shipping to Hawaii 96706?

Leave a comment:

• Gulf
    replied
    Originally posted by Pologuy9906 View Post
    Is this available and for what cost in 2015?
    Check out the Forno Bravo Store for up to date selections and prices.

Leave a comment:

• Pologuy9906
    replied
    Is this available and for what cost in 2015?

Leave a comment:

• CarlosGregory
    replied
    Re: FB Pompeii Oven Kit

My question is ...how can concrete in a certain shape even be worth $800. Luxury pricing ?

Leave a comment:

• miltcook
    replied

Was thinking about getting the pompeii90 kit until I saw the $1100 shipping charge. Guess I'll source out the bricks here.

Leave a comment:

• gr1976
    replied

Planning my WFO build for this coming spring and am debating against the kit or sourcing material locally. Does the FB Pompeii kit come w/ pre-cut bricks?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Dori79
    replied

Cool name for and oven. Anyone ever see the Pink Floyd film Live at Pompeii. The guy who install the point of sale system at the pizza place I work at left a copy.

Anyway, I am trying to convince my employer to go with a wood burning pizza oven...Pompeii Pizza would be a great company name.

Leave a comment:

• billynorris
    replied

Does The firebricks from the pompeii oven kit are tapered?

Leave a comment:

• larrycooper
    replied

its listed under installation accessories. Shipping costs will kill you so better to find local brick.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X