Perry's Pizza Oven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Perry's Pizza Oven

Perry, I love your oven. Really cool. Thanks for all your documentation. I especially like the pic of you taken from inside the oven. Whoever you got to crawl in the there to take that for you must me a very small person! lol
    I have been tempted to construct a brick guide like you and others have used, but since I have decided to construct a low dome (36" dia., 14" H) mainly for better pizza, it puts my dome radius sub-floor and couldn't use one. Thanks again for sharing your project!
    Almost forgot to mention how I'm going to steal your angle cutting idea on your soldier course.
    -Darius
    Last edited by KINGRIUS; 09-06-2009, 08:09 AM.

Comment

Thank you for the comments Darius, really glad you like it.

You can use a guide if you are able to have an adjustable offset arm - my oven is small and has the lower Neapolitan dome you refer to, the radius of the dome works out 15cm under the oven floor - if you have look carefully at this picture of the life-size drawing of the cross section of the oven you'll see the radial lines I actually used to set the guide arm for each chain of bricks. It's a bit of hassle compared to a centrally fixed guide but it does work... let me know if that doesn't make sense and I'll try and illustrate it better.

Click image for larger version

Name:	oven_tool_4.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	276692

Thanks again!
      My rustic oven;
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/p...oven-6770.html
      sigpic

Comment

Yes it does make sense! My radius works out to be 14cm beneath floor. Now that I'm studying your tool closer, I do think I will be able to use this! I especially like it because its made out of materials/tools I already have. Thank you!

Comment

Cool!

Here's a rough diagram showing the principal, your guide will need to slide and tilt, but I would recommend something slightly more sturdy than the guide I made (I ended up using 3 clamps, and those clamps get right in the way!). I also used shims to help whilst the mortar set.

Hope this helps

Name:	oven_dome_guide.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	276693

ps using an adjustable guide like this allows any shape of dome you like
          Last edited by PerryPizza; 09-06-2009, 08:47 AM.
          My rustic oven;
          sigpic

Comment

Awesome!!!
            -------------------------------------------
            My 2nd Build:
            Is here

Comment

Keeping with the rustic/ reclaimed theme, the door was made from an old oak floorboard I found, cut up and screwed together to for a 'plug'

Name:	oven_57.jpg
Size:	137.5 KB
ID:	276803

Name:	oven_60.jpg
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	276804
              My rustic oven;
              sigpic

Comment

From your first picture I wondered how you'd get a oven in there! Congratulations you pulled it off
                I would have a shot at the answer, if I had the appropriate question.

Comment

Originally posted by PerryPizza View Post
                  Thanks Jamie, I know it isn't in the same league as some of the precision ovens on the forum, but it fits in the surroundings well and, more importantly, it cooks pizzas which is all I ever wanted!
                  One of the neatest ovens I have seen on this site. The coolest thing is, it looks identical to the ovens that inspired James and company to do this in the first place. Fits right in with the Pompei Oven theme.

Bravo.

Comment

Originally posted by Roadkyng View Post
                    One of the neatest ovens I have seen on this site. The coolest thing is, it looks identical to the ovens that inspired James and company to do this in the first place. Fits right in with the Pompei Oven theme.

Bravo.
                    Thank you Roadkyng, though I can't imagine it will be around in a few hundred years like those original ones!! Still gives me immense pleasure every time I fire it - like I'm about to right now!
                    My rustic oven;
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X