• ribsnwings
    replied
    Re: Oven Build In Central Alabama

LOL who woulda thought that!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Archena
    replied

Dang, we Alabamians really are taking over...

Originally posted by MetalHead View Post
    So here is my build so far and my not so trusty side kick (hides when it gets hot out).
    I hate to tell you, Batman, but I think Robin has the right idea.

Leave a comment:

• ribsnwings
    replied

LOL sounds like you have been thru the ropes also. i have built from ground up 2 concession trailers. both made me money and i sold them because some fool i mean someone wanted them worse than i did.. yea i made money off food sales and better money off selllin the trailers without puttin them up for sale.. i own a small deli and the trailers outweighed sales bigtime even with all the stuff you konw about in the "easy money" lol concession business.. i am thinkin about buying a trailer already made that has forno bravo oven already to go as you spoke of. im thinkin it might be my best bet...

Leave a comment:

• MetalHead
    replied

Well you may be in luck there. I have also been through the throws of the concession trailer business. (PICS Later) but with Shaved Ice and Desserts. What work that is. All people see are the long lines and think that must be easy money. The don't see all the time and money it takes to goto events. And what happens when the weather changes or all the hours you wait for people to decide they ALL want to eat at the same exact time !!!! (hence the "long" lines) My wife looks at me with "Your own your own this time" every time I mention a retail business because of those years.

Have you seen this rig home They got it goin on with that one. Heck you otta get the Primevera rig from FB and stick that on a trailer or in a nice truck like that guy did. You could be in the fall show season in "No" time... Easy money ehh??? Ha Ha

Leave a comment:

• ribsnwings
    replied

Hello fellow Alabamain,
    lol i am in southeast al. aka Dothan. im in planning process of building oven on trailer to use at festivals and such. its great to have someone lol fairly close to converse with.
    i and considering using the geodesic design for oven but am still weighing the pro's and con's of it on trailer.. your build looks great! keep the pics and posts coming... as i will when i get mine all together.(dang i shoulda payed much more attn in math class way back then!)

Leave a comment:

• MetalHead
    started a topic Oven Build In Central Alabama

Oven Build In Central Alabama

Thought I'd start my own thread on my build. I have added a few more shots of my project and here is a side bar as to why I use MetalHead as a name

Shop Pictures - I build stuff out of steel .... But for a good pizza you need more than that .

I love this forum and have read a bunch of threads already and truly look forward to getting my build documented here.

Thanks in advance for all the help !!!!

So here is my build so far and my not so trusty side kick (hides when it gets hot out).

We will have an over look for the farm. I did the ground work and had the pad,wall and base done by local craftsmen (My contribution to boost the economy). (On that note I let these guys come do stuff for me between other jobs as fill work. It is slow at times, but you can usally get things done cheaper this way).

I am going to start on the pad on top of the base next.
Working...
X