Twist and Tilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Twist and Tilt

[QUOTE=Hendo;17630]Step 1. I?ve set up a spreadsheet to calculate this height, course by course, but it?s always good to check on the oven.

If you are willing to share; would you please attach your spreadsheet of course by course angle calculations. It would help the math challenged one day oven builders.

Thanks,
    Guerito

Comment

This could be done in Google Docs. I you are happy to share, someone can post a standard on Google Docc, and then publish it for public viewing.

That could be very interesting.
      James
      Pizza Ovens
      Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

I'm more than willing to share the spreadsheet, but not just yet, because:
        1. It's pretty rough and ready - I'd prefer to automate it a bit before release to make it more user-friendly, and
        2. As far as the taper (which influences the top Vee) goes, my results have been pretty consistent at 10mm per side, up to and including the 5th course. I was expecting this figure to increase as the diameter reduced (not that it has much), but I really want to be sure that it is accurate over a few more courses.

Paul.

Comment

Hendo, what's the latest? Spreadsheet and progress?
          An excellent pizza is shared with the ones you love!

Acoma's Tuscan:
          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/a...scan-2862.html

Comment

that is just amazing........exellent job!

Comment

Originally posted by marco View Post
              that is just amazing........exellent job!
              Marco
              Hendo was an great contributor to the forum...sadly he passed away about a year and a half ago as I recall...cancer...one of our other great members from Australia, nissanneill, completed oven construction for Hendo's wife and family...he is missed, and remembered fondly on this forum
              Best
              Dutch
              "Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. " Charles Mingus
              "Build at least two brick ovens...one to make all the mistakes on and the other to be just like you dreamed of!" Dutch

Comment

sorry to hear that....

Comment

Yes thank you for the tip.

Comment

Sad he passed, what a great contribution he made

Comment

good stuff..bump!
                      Trying to learn what I can about flours, fermentation and flames...

My 81 inch first build; http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f37/...ost-11354.html

My 52 inch mobile; http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f37/...ing-20874.html

our FB page; https://www.facebook.com/pages/Artys...20079718042660

Comment

Does anybody out there know how to make these pictures visible? Followed the link and found the message that third party hosting needs to be enabled by upgrading the account. I realise that it was all a long time ago, too. Is there a more recent equivalent out there?
                        Many thanks.

Comment

Photobucket has found a way to make more $$$. They want $399 a year to unlock the feature so that they can be viewed on third party sites. That is effecting thousands of older forums and blogs across the internet . This may help explain it a little better.
                          Last edited by Gulf; 07-24-2017, 04:14 PM.
                          Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

I don't think I saw the photos of this, but I think that in cutting my brick have somehow replicated the technique unknowingly. Basically I have a wet saw like linked below. I set the table to cut one of the angles that I need on the brick (that being the angle on the vertical/short edge) of the brick. At this point I am freeholding my brick at the appropriate angle to get the correct width for the top of the brick. (The preset angle is ensuring the correct width at the bottom of the brick)

If that description seems helpful, I can take some pictures next time I get to cutting bricks for my 2nd course. (If so, I will post them on the forum album so that the don't have the photobucket issue)

(Edit: This link seems to give issues, tried to replace with my photo) Also, post # 50, woot!
                            Last edited by shanxk8; 07-25-2017, 06:09 AM.
                            David in Calgary
                            My Build Thread

Comment

Thanks both, I guessed it was an issue like that, and particularly yes please shanxk8, some photos would be appreciated.

Comment

The picture may not be the best, as it is for the second course, so the angles are small.
                                The left side of the table is lifted (tilt) to put an angle on the side of the brick. Also, the brick is turned (twist) to cut the proper angle from front to back.
                                With this 7" saw I need to make one cut, then flip brick onto other side of the blade to cut the other half of The brick.
                                David in Calgary
                                My Build Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X