new build in werribee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: new build in werribee

Thanks Dave for your concern. I have a respirator, and will Ieave the top 2 courses open when it is being done. So there will be some ventilation. Shit I don't want to kill the son what would his mother think [we are not together anymore].

Is it vinegar others have cleaned the inside of oven with?. I guess I could do that from outside .
    Last edited by oasiscdm; 09-02-2013, 11:57 PM.
    Cheers Colin

My Build - Index to Major Build Stages

Comment

Originally posted by oasiscdm View Post

Is it vinegar others have cleaned the inside of oven with?. I guess I could do that from outside .
      Again I have to ask why?

Once the oven heats up all the mortar crud just falls off......
      The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Hi Alan

Seems a number of guys have cleaned the inside of their ovens and I have noticed a lot of dust on the inside of my walls. Also if its done it needs doing now before I construct the front landing area.

I do understand your perspective maybe i'm just being fussy.

Now the question I asked was do I use vinegar or is there something else that people have used.
        Cheers Colin

Comment

Gudday Colin
          I'm glad to hear about the top two rows being off .
          We're are talking about an enclosed space here. Lack of ventilation means that a build up of fumes,Carbon dioxide etc can change what you breathing into a deadly soup, regardless of the oxygen level.
          I know your particular, but firing you oven will do the cleaning for you,the inside will be a pearly white after a good firing anyway.
          Regards dave
          Measure twice
          Cut once
          Fit in position with largest hammer

My Build
          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f51/...ild-14444.html
          My Door
          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/...ock-17190.html

Comment

Thanks Dave will consider both Alan and your comments and concerns.

But I have to ask why is it that everyone is sticking there heads in their ovens. What the hell are they doing in there then. Getting high?

I MUST KNOW
            Last edited by oasiscdm; 09-03-2013, 04:02 AM.
            Cheers Colin

Comment

Colin,

I was considering cleaning the inside of the oven and asked the same question a year ago. I believe both Brickie and Tscar said don't bother and I did not and never looked back. Believe me once the curing and cooking starts the looks of the inside of the dome are a long ways down the list. Spend your energies elsewhere. IMHO.
              Russell
              Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Thanks russell

So what were you doing inside the oven. Was that just because you could. ?
                Cheers Colin

Comment

I ground a couple high spots on the bricks and some mortar tucking I had to do when I tried the disk method near the plugging.
                  Russell

Comment

Arrrrhhh that explains it. thanks Russell.

You didnt clean the dust off [ because grinding creates dust ] at all? or vacuum your walls.
                    Last edited by oasiscdm; 09-04-2013, 04:15 PM.
                    Cheers Colin

Comment

For those in Australia that dont know about available oven tools [for those of us that are lazy and dont wish to build our own] i found this the other day looking for Ceramic Glaze.

Clayworks Woodfired Oven Accessories

Check it out. I have requested a pricelist.

But then again the fun is in making them ourselves.
                      Cheers Colin

Comment

I went into my oven for as short a period as humanly possible, only to clean the snots off the last two courses that there was no way I could clean from the outside.

Beyond that, I say run a shop vac around it when you're done, give it a blast with a blower to get the last bits out - and fire will do the rest!
                        My build progress
                        My WFO Journal on Facebook
                        My dome spreadsheet calculator

Comment

I did the same as dj got the leaf blower out and blew all the s@&* out of the oven after grinding.
                          Russell

Comment

Russell and deejay

Why did you have leaves in your oven is this something new?

Seriously the longer I leave it the less inclined I am too get in. I believe I could adequately achieve what I need to do from outside the oven.
                            Cheers Colin

Comment

Hi all

Well I got the last items I need today. Glaze, flue section and a couple of other items. Now I just need some time.......

the flue ordered off fishpond took awhile to get to aus but it got here. So all in all a good purchase to build here $900, to import myself through third party shipping 380+450shipping. The fishpond exercise $500 even. Toomuse 900 mm length section from aus was still going to cost around 500 to get the 4' length with a join.

So this little vegemite is vey

The flue was a little bent one end but took only 5 minutes too rectify.
                              Last edited by oasiscdm; 09-05-2013, 07:26 AM.
                              Cheers Colin

Comment

Since it will be a while before I can close oven I have a question for anyone in Melbourne.

Everyone talks about using 00 flour caputo or something along those lines. Where is this available in Melbourne or what are people using to make their pizza dough?

Not sure I see how the flour makes a difference but willing to learn.
                                Cheers Colin

Comment

Working...
                                X