Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: new build in werribee

Hi Rosie and Steve.

No, you use a texture sprayer to apply and no brushing is required. I hosed it with a soft jet. Although you have given me an idea for next oven. I have 3 buckets left and will be using for next oven in new place and probably for done feature walls in the garden.

I rendered the oven base over the weekend with hebel high build and have 2 more thin costs to apply them on to the wood work around the oven.

Having hassles colour picking what to paint what presently. Either side of oven will be planters, bbq and seating them coming off the right side off the oven base with an oven take on the right.

Still need to tidy up surrounds given up on decorative Katharine for the moment, it can wait until I finish rest of yard.

Any suggestions for colors of walls and base planters seats etc will be welcomed?

Thought about acratex Steve but feel a bit pricy. Rokcote in QLD have a similar product. The guy I spoke with produced a sample for me. It looks quite effective
    Last edited by oasiscdm; 03-31-2015, 03:55 AM.
    Cheers Colin

My Build - Index to Major Build Stages

Comment

Well I'm closer, rendered the base inside, one coat outside then ran out of hebel high build. picked up 3 bags today finish this weekend have a long one.

Have it painted and finally finished next weekend as they sry wait for a week to cure. Hmmmm to wait or not that I is the question. Nice day Saturday paint Sunday hmmmm
      Cheers Colin

Comment

That looks really good Colin. You have done the hard yards, it would be a pity to compromise the end result for expediency.

Slowly, slowly catchee monkey.
        Cheers ......... Steve

Build Thread http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f3/n...erg-19151.html

Build Pics http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1&l=1626b3f4f4

Forno Food Pics https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=1d5ce2a275

Comment

Hi all
          Yippppeeeeeeee, finally finally finished, well sort of. a smidge past 2 years from when I started dome.
          The well sort of , is around a rethink around tdc of decorative arch last weekend. Will do this later.

Now I can begin construction around the wfo.

Decorative arch also needs a clean after rendering. I might install some draws later at top of opening area underneath, but that can wait.

But that's it folks apart from minor detail its done.
          Last edited by oasiscdm; 09-03-2015, 05:20 AM.
          Cheers Colin

Comment

Originally posted by oasiscdm View Post
            ............Now I can begin construction around the wfo..............
            Colin,

That is a very beautiful oven . I hope that you don't mean "construction" that would hide that great looking hemisphere .
            Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Originally posted by Gulf View Post
              Colin,

That is a very beautiful oven . I hope that you don't mean "construction" that would hide that great looking hemisphere .
              Nice hearing from you gulf has been a while.

No...... Planter boxes either side with a bench on the right side of Oven in front of the planter box. Then BBQ area and seating along the wall for outdoor dining table, maybe a day bed but haven't decided. Yet.

The IGLOO will remain.
              Cheers Colin

Comment

Ah, such a momentous occasion! It's gotta feel good, Colin! The care and attention to detail certainly shows. Congrats!

John

Comment

Nice hearing from you John.

Already have some changes in mind when moving next year.

Firstly will have hearth at same level as table surrounding oven looks better, unless I go with option you chose at front.
                  Secondly might try for completely mortarless build. Requiring more precise cutting still using tapered fire bricks

Have you done any more on your oven?
                  Cheers Colin

Comment

• this is my first time on this new software. Why the change? this to me is a step backwards. photos are not displayed in post making this inferior to the previous software.
                    Cheers Colin

Comment

• so much better seeing the photos in the posts.
                      Cheers Colin

Comment

• i can only agree, old forum was so much better it is puzzling why would anyone think it was good ides to change

Comment

• This sucks what is missing previousi had 101 pages now 69. What gives what's missing. Progress I don't think so a step back I believe so.

being ex IT consultant tthis wrecks of bad planning . When itis a stepback and provides no noticeable advantages .
                          Cheers Colin

Comment

• Colin,
                            I sincerely hope that there is nothing missing. I did not have the heart to go back through my build thread until last week Mine is all there. I don't remember how many pages it was, but, it seems to be intact. I was looking at yours a week or so ago trying to find some help for a newbie. It is a shame about your pics. It is a kick in the stomach for me to see what has happened to yours and others builds. I can only imagine what it is like for you to see that. I benefited from dumb luck. I did not get into using thumbnails until after I was finished with my build. Thumbnails seem to be what did not survive the botched migration to the new forum. A day or so before the "crash" a mod came on line and had a conversation with Chip, (I think) if my memory serves me correctly. I remember the mod saying that they were going to "very involved with the forum". I haven't seen a post from a mod since. It would have been a little help if they had came online and posted some kind of user directions for the new forum. But, we have all been sort of just winging our way through the "aftermath". Since we probably don't sell many kits on this part of the forum (probably the opposite is true), I guess that we will have to accept the status quo. It is hard for us to search the forum for examples of answers that we know exist. It has to be next to impossible for a newbie. I wrote something like this to an old friend today. "I'm glad that I did not find this forum like it was a few weeks ago. If I had, I would probably have an improperly built oven or worse, no oven at all". That's what keeps me going on this new forum. I hope that we, all who have benefited from the knowledge that we found on this forum, can find some way to pass it on.
                            Last edited by Gulf; 08-20-2015, 03:55 PM.
                            Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

• Hey Gulf sorry it took so long to get back to you...... I have lost interest due to the changes that have been made. When most builders HAVE USED thumbnails and now you simply see the filename and also the links that I did create on page 1 no longer work as well. It has removed the useability for builders to few threads easily. This has completely DESTROYED the functionality of reading the posts and easily seeing what is being referred to by the comments.

These GUYS that put this crap up should be sacked THEY HAVE COMPLETELY RUINED WHAT WAS A VERY USEFUL SITE FOR NEWBIES. We all should be protesting somehow some way to get the major functionality that used to exist back.

You are lucky you used in line photos but I always felt it easier to view thumbnails when I was doing my build I could switch back and forth easily while still reading the thread to understand the explanations.

THIS IS NOT AN ADVANCE IN TECHNOLOGY AT ALLBUT A BIG STEP BACK .The moderators are also beep beep beep beep as they don't appear to give a beep. :-( :-( This shit needs fixing.
                              Cheers Colin

Comment

• I have noticed that some new builds have thumbnails - so what gives. This is a complete mess.
                                Cheers Colin

Comment

Working...
                                X