No announcement yet.

new build in werribee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well I'll be buttered on both sides. So all I need to do is reduce every photo to 1.5mb and then reload each one on each post. What a croc of shit . No pun intended Crocau...These guys that destroyed this site need to fix this.
    Cheers Colin

My Build - Index to Major Build Stages

Comment

• So new posts you can post thumbnails. Has anyone worked out how to get thumbnails back on all previous posts. Even if it needs to be done manually. I have had a go and it appears to work but once saved all you get is the file name. The option seems to exist but doesn't work. I am happy to go through each post but not happy if I have to do the option in the post above.
      Cheers Colin

Comment

• Colin,
        I wouldn't just yet. If they come up with a fix, then you will have done a lot more work on your thread for nothing.
        Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

• HELLO OASISCDM, IM WHAT YOU WOULD CALL A NEWBIE TO THIS WFO FORUM AS I JUST STARTED MY BUILD. JUST A LITTLE CONFUSED WITH THE PICS IN YOUR POST#375. COULD YOU EXPLAIN HOW YOUR USING YOUR IT AND WHY DO YOU HAVE A LEVEL ATTACHED TO IT. MAYBE ITS AN OPTICAL ILLUSION BUT THE BRICK BEING HELD BY THE IT TOOL DOESNT LOOK LIKE ITS SITTING ON THE BOTTOM OF THE IT BRACKET.
          THANKS
          IVANCITO

Comment

• Hi Ivancito
            was using the level as a stand to get alignment and to work out the cuts and angles. It wasn't sitting on the bottom of the bracket, so no optical illusion, it was just to show once brick was cut and in place it was sitting on the IT.
            Cheers Colin

Comment

• To All

Due to the current pathetic state of this forum, since its update last year I am taking an extended leave of absence from it. I have been monitoring since the update and do not believe any head way has occurred. It is an update that has destroyed the fabric of what this site was about and especially due to the lack of rectification of CORE issues since the update.

The reason I am so pissed off with this update was the intention of my build thread was to photographically document my build thoroughly I had over 500 images in my thread and while they still exist the thread no longer flows without the thumbnails. I have since completed more of my surrounding area but am reluctant to post photo's anymore.

Since I have been told by Mitch that a decision was made to only attach file links [see the thread - forum issues] to photos instead of thumbnails and NO EFFORT or acknowledgment has been made to fix this since the update, I have decided to step away from the site and take a leave of absence.

The only way movement will happen is with All Members venting their complaints with gusto and regularly until the problems are fixed. At this point I will return to be an active member
              Cheers Colin

Comment

• Hi Colin,

I seem to recall (and you may have missed it) that the reason given for not restoring the pics to the posts was that the huge number of photos stored on the forum was starting to exceed its capacity. The pics are not lost because you can hit the link to take a look although that requires an extra step and further waiting time, a not so ideal a solution. I do agree that the forum is now a shadow of its former usefulness, but as it's sponsored by FB free for our use, then we have little alternative than to either continue with the wounded animal or try somewhere else. Try UKwoodrired oven, it's forum works well, although as a newcomer has pretty limited traffic.
                Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

• Hi david

It has been a while. Yes I understand what you point out and that has been the response from FB, BUT it just isn't good enough. far from it. Every person on this forum that has been around as long as you, Russel, John, Kbartman, Gulf, DeeJay etc. Need to keep pointing out the error in the implementation SO THAT IT IS CHANGED and this site can return to its former glory.

Just because they provide an explanation, does not make their decision the right one. The THUMBNAILS need to be completely restored SOONER than LATER, so this forum works as it used to, retunring to its former glory and usefullness.

I would have also thought they would have increased capacity as a part of the upgrade so that the site would cope and not create this MESS. FYI I have worked in Information technology for over 40 years [from the ripe old age of 18 when i stepped out of the industry I was a database consultant, data analyst and business intelligence were my specialities my last 15 years as a highly paid consultant via my own company. Not withstanding their explanation, it is a heap of crap. Storage and bandwidth today is at it's lowest cost today than it has ever been and is getting lower. So their explanation David iimho is a heap of horse shit. Basically they screwed this GREAT site up in a big way.

Maybe a petition thread is what is needed focusing on the what needs to be reinstated - QUICKLY. THEIR REPSONSE IS JUST NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY LIKING and I guess member absence, annoyance says it all.

Last edited by oasiscdm; 01-02-2016, 05:48 AM.
                  Cheers Colin

Comment

• Hi All

Well I must say to the IT people thank you thank you thank you. Thumbnails are back throughout whole thread and I hope all have been returned for everyone else also.
                    Threads are much easier to follow with the thumbnails even with them only showing 3 photos max all 5 are shown when you click on the photos.

Thank you for fixing this up.

I will now not be a stranger to the site.

Cheers to those involved in rectifying this problem.

And thanks Russell for pointing out it had been fixed.

Cheers Colin

Comment

• ok. I will be moving towards the end of this year requiring another oven to be built. I'm on the lookout for some Firebrick tiles for the hearth that are 75mm or there abouts thick. If anyone knows where I may acquire these let me know.

I have looked everywhere with no joy. Not wanting to use 2 x thinner tiles or 50 mm tiles and cannot source these from the supplier I obtained them from.

I live in Melbourne but did ship the tiles from my current oven from Sydney
                      Last edited by oasiscdm; 01-27-2016, 02:03 AM.
                      Cheers Colin

Comment

• Hi All

I must be a glutton for punishment or just basically stupid. But I watched a show airing over here in Aus over last few weeks Food Safari Fire [SBS]. Had a segment on Wood Fired Ovens that was most interesting.
                        But what took my eye was the segment on Tandoor ovens - GUESS WHAT?

Am now researching this and will be building one of these as well as another WFO at the next house. Might even build it before I get there and make it portable. Have already sourced the main part which is the Clay Liner.

My idea is the oven takes a long time to heat up but a Tandoor will reach temperature in at most 45 minutes and uses predominantly Charcoal. So will provide the best of both worlds.

Any one out there built one of these?
                        Cheers Colin

Comment

• I also saw the Food Safari Fire episodes covering WFO and Tandoor's. I'm thinking of building one - where did you pickup the clay liner from?
                          Cheers,

Steady

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f51/...ild-21760.html

Comment

• I have been watching the series too and have bought the book that goes with it. The Tandoor episode also grabbed my attention. I'm planning to try the Tandoori Chicken recipe in the WFO as the temperatures are about right. I'm also going to try the naan bread - just cooked on the oven floor like a pizza instead of sticking it to the side of the tandoor.
                            Sharkey.

I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food.

My Build - Between a rock and a hard place

Comment

• I'm keen to know how you go cooking the naan on the WFO floor - I mentioned to a mate that I was thinking about cooking naan on the oven wall but it was going to burn my arm when I reached in and he asked why I don't just do it on the floor (I felt a bit stupid for not thinking of it myself..)
                              Cheers,

Steady

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f51/...ild-21760.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Steady View Post
                                I also saw the Food Safari Fire episodes covering WFO and Tandoor's. I'm thinking of building one - where did you pickup the clay liner from?
                                https://www.facebook.com/Cameron-Wil...1403374545151/

Hi Sharkey has been a while

Have done this myself Sharkey and used WFO for smoking works a treat, naan on the floor works ok if hot enough and enough flame.
                                Oh by the way I finally finished my oven on Saturday. Yay !!!!

Hi Steady

The Liner [link above] from Cameron Williams Pottery the Guy on Food Safari Fire, they come wrapped in Ceramic Fibre but are not cheap you would be looking at around $1000 delivered plus more if you want the accessories. I will be getting this when my partner and I move later in the year.
                                Last edited by oasiscdm; 03-13-2016, 05:24 AM.
                                Cheers Colin

Comment

Working...
                                X