new build in werribee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: new build in werribee

One of these weekends I will finish the oven. Another weekend lost having to do other things. arrrgh.

Still To do

Electrical work
    Ceramic rope in gap at front between entry arch and inner landing arch
    Decorative arch
    My special top dead Centre piece for decorative arch
    Finish render
    Seal
    Render base
    Make 3 doors insulating door, blast door / weather door and hi temp glass door
    Tool draw
    Reseal deck
    Install thermocouple reader install 6 thermoco?ples
    Then finish around the alfresco area
    Last edited by oasiscdm; 03-23-2014, 04:28 AM.
    Cheers Colin

My Build - Index to Major Build Stages

Comment

Originally posted by oasiscdm View Post
      One of these weekends I will finish the oven. Another weekend lost having to do other things. arrrgh.

Still To do

Electrical work
      Ceramic rope in gap at front between entry arch and inner landing arch
      Decorative arch
      My special top dead Centre piece for decorative arch
      Finish render
      Seal
      Render base
      Make 3 doors insulating door, blast door / weather door and hi temp glass door
      Tool draw
      Reseal deck
      Install thermocouple reader install 6 thermoco?ples
      Then finish around the alfresco area
      I feeling your pain .....My list is just as long.......The list never seems to end, and the weekends fly by.................One day at a time, Right?
      Respectfully,

KB

My build
      Oven Pics (album under construction)

Comment

Be over the moon if I got just one day., but I hear you.
        Cheers Colin

Comment

Hi all has been a while

Nothing done further on build but this weekend have 4 days. I have had all the electrical work done, deck resurfaced and partner and I bought a new house in January. Found a product that will assist me building shoji screens.

Now you guys need to knock some sense into me , I TODAY bought 48% alumina arch 75 59 firebricks about 200 for $300 for [you guessed it] to build oven at new place.

Guess I should finish this one first but THAT WAS REALLY CHEAP

At least I know how now. If you want some cheap bricks and live in Melbourne then PM me and I will tell you where to go.
          So to speak
          Last edited by oasiscdm; 04-15-2014, 02:35 AM.
          Cheers Colin

Comment

Never let a good deal go by. I have enough in my shed to build another dome from when I found them at the right price when building my first.

I do believe that finishing one to find out what you would do differently would be a good thing to do!
            Cheers ......... Steve

Build Thread http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f3/n...erg-19151.html

Build Pics http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1&l=1626b3f4f4

Forno Food Pics https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=1d5ce2a275

Comment

hmmmmm what would I do differently ........ bigger hearth base surface would be it. Similar too Litekeeper
              Last edited by oasiscdm; 04-15-2014, 03:38 AM.
              Cheers Colin

Comment

I also see that gradii 400c restaurant won margarita pizza world championship.
                Might go and check it out....
                Cheers Colin

Comment

Originally posted by Greenman View Post
                  Never let a good deal go by. I have enough in my shed to build another dome from when I found them at the right price when building my first.

I do believe that finishing one to find out what you would do differently would be a good thing to do!
                  Hi Steve

I just happened to drop in on the guy that supplied me a lot of materials. He had a number of firebricks he obtained from a business that closed all new. He had some strange fire bricks all 47%. Including 2000 that tapered like wedges, and some other that were angled on one side only [key bricks]. He wanted a price then gave me a much better deal worked out to around 200 bricks at $300, cheaper than the current oven and more dense. now if I can find blanket and hearth cheap the next oven will cost much less.

Plus I will have everything I need. Will make some adjustments to my IT.
                  Cheers Colin

Comment

The ones I found were on pallets that were rotting and for 50c each could not miss. They are tapers and I cut them in half but they are the same size at the cut. Used the large ones on the bottom and the smaller ones at the top. It turned out fine.
                    Cheers ......... Steve

Comment

Hi Steve
                      The guy I speak of had 2000 of those [tapers]. opted for the arch bricks [less cuts] to achieve my no mortar internal finish. Will do the same again.

Will also do the yin and yang glazed symbol again its so cool watching it reappear from the DARKSIDE might make it similar next time to what I do with the keystone of my decorative arch.

I often just sit and watch when it clears and watch the keystone just appear from nothing every gust I have had thinks it is so cool.
                      Cheers Colin

Comment

I used tapered bricks I set the bricks out with a 1.5 mm packer pulled them up tight with a ratchet strap and used the resultant circle as the diameter of the oven as the angle in the vertical arch is the same I then used the taper on the flat and cut the vertical sides resulting in 1.5 mm joints both ways

Comment

Actually the bricks he had I think he called wedge fire bricks, but I stuck with the arch bricks.
                          Cheers Colin

Comment

I am not sure what they call the bricks I found but they have one square side and one tapered side. They look like they were meant for building a tunnel shaped structure. They made a perfectly functional dome and I cut them back to square for the floor bricks.
                            Cheers ......... Steve

Comment

Now you guys need to knock some sense into me , I TODAY bought 48% alumina arch 75 59 firebricks about 200 for $300 for [you guessed it] to build oven at new place
                              Can't wait to see the results of Round Two...

Comment

3 years off at least. Pretty much wont look any different John but the setting might look a little more like yours this time.

BTW where are you at any more progress?.

I will work a little on my IT and try hard to work out the cuts before hand like Les did.

Am just going to acquire materials as I find them cheap so I can get stuck in when the time comes. The concrete slab will be easier as I wont have existing infrastructure to work around I have a clean slate. Will still use Hebel for my framework as I feel it is so much easier than block. Will change so I have rear and front access to store wood.

Not much else I would change.
                                Last edited by oasiscdm; 04-16-2014, 04:36 AM.
                                Cheers Colin

Comment

Working...
                                X