• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SpottedFrog
    replied
    Re: Bathurst Build 100cm ish

last photos for today,
    we were really lucky the guys that delivered the concrete for the slab had a job a couple of streets away and brought the leftovers around for us to use filling the cores. always worth asking

Leave a comment:

• SpottedFrog
    replied

and yet more photos

Leave a comment:

• SpottedFrog
    replied

and more photos

Leave a comment:

• SpottedFrog
    replied

and some more

Leave a comment:

• SpottedFrog
    replied

been meaning to post some pics here they are

Leave a comment:

• SpottedFrog
    replied

Been a while what with falling pregnant again. But hubby has some time off and things are moving on. Slab is down. Stand is up, cores filled. Lintels in place so it is really just up from here.
    I do have one question is it essential to have a double walled flue or can a single walled flue work just as well?

Leave a comment:

• brickie in oz
    replied

Looking forwards to the build.

PS. cm is a dressmakers term, builders use mm.

Leave a comment:

• Bert
    replied

Good luck Rosemary!

I'll be watching your pictures and project with interest.

Alex

Leave a comment:

• SpottedFrog
    replied

Cut that short the little man woke up.
    So anyway we shall be starting in earnest this weekend digging out the area for the slab and putting in the form work. I gotta say the arch is doing my head in and I have not even started laying bricks yet.
    Heading to field furnace next week to check out their supplies. Can't wait.
    Colin you asked me on another thread if I was using hebel for the base. No I am not, at the moment I am tossin up between bessablock and the pretty version that will not need rendering or covering. I am still going with the hebel slabs for the top with lots of lintels underneath. I am going to create an album with all the photos but hav to swap to the big computer as the iPod does not let me load pics.

Leave a comment:

• SpottedFrog
    started a topic Bathurst Build 100cm ish

Bathurst Build 100cm ish

Hi All,
    Well I feel like I have officially begun now. I have the "approval" for the exempt development from council and my pile of bits and pieces is growing weekly. I have even staked out the site in the backyard.
    I have drawn up the template of the inner dome circumference and the brick layer and the insulation. I have sheets of corflute so I can make as may templates as I like yipee.
Working...
X