Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lancer's Philippine Build, Close to Australia Anyhoo...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Lancer's Philippine Build, Close to Australia Anyhoo...

Got the camera back fixed.

The 8 round posts are up with the fancy bit at the bottom, dress it up a bit. I'll get a pic up this weekend or early next week. Tomorrow fiesta starts and ends Monday, its going to be crazy around here. Might put up a few of the folks that stop by. We're cooking 2 pigs. Tonight some of the wife's relatives will start arriving for overnight or over weekend stay. Got 3 guest rooms finished and ready. May the force be with us.

When fiesta is behind us its time to start on the table.
    Last edited by Lancer; 06-21-2013, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Well here's the posts...

Myself and my wife, Dolores and her three brothers who are home for fiesta. Sho on the right built the posts. He's a bilingual mason who takes instruction well and is a great asset to the many projects we've had here.

This fiesta Dolores (in blue) is a princess because of the money we raised to replace the roof of the church.

Last edited by Lancer; 06-27-2013, 01:44 AM.

Comment

Had friends over...

Lots of food. There is a covered area in front of the oven that will be great for pizza parties. Can see the posts to the right.

Comment

The bar up on 3 was a good place to be...

After it was all over I took Gary and we hung out in the pool...and that's it!

Last edited by Lancer; 06-27-2013, 01:54 AM.

Comment

Brickie, I'm thinking of doing the table with refractory because I can't see a good reason why not and maybe you have a good reason. My thinking is that table is going to be big. There will be places warmer than others with varying expansion and contraction.

The cement in the refractory may never burn away if it doesn't get hot. If not it will be no different from a normal table made with 3-2-1. If it does then then the refractory is less likely to crack.

Tell me where I'm wrong if you would please.

Comment

Thanks for sharing the party pics. That looks like some shindig. Nice looking column pours.
              Last edited by UtahBeehiver; 06-27-2013, 05:12 PM. Reason: typo
              Russell
              Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Fiesta is a shindig, that's the word for it Utah. I'm always amazed at the efforts Filipinos go through to get home. This way they keep up with the whole community where they were born and went to school because those folks are coming home too. It a grand reunion with lots of food and drink. My wife's brothers all at home at the same time, now that's really an event.

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer View Post
                  Brickie, I'm thinking of doing the table with refractory because I can't see a good reason why not and maybe you have a good reason. My thinking is that table is going to be big. There will be places warmer than others with varying expansion and contraction.
                  You need to retain the heat to the ovens footprint only, anything outside of it should be cool otherwise you will be wasting heat.
                  The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Well okay... If the floor gets hot I'm already doing something wrong, got it, and thanks!

Comment

Brickie, you gonna bring you and yours and come eat some pizza when the oven is done? We have rooms...

View from the front door...

If you have loads of kids, no worry. We either have a 2nd room good for 2 with a bunk bed, a bigger room to keep them with you, or small single sleeping places high up on the 5th floor (Really these are in the rafters) of the other building with great views. One is "The Dragonfly Suite" with ocean view and the other "The Little Bird Suite" with a view of the jungleish hill on the land side.
                      Last edited by Lancer; 06-30-2013, 12:45 AM.

Comment

Thank you for the kind offer, when is the official firing?
                        I would dearly love to, my missus loves babies and all kids for that matter, she would cuddle them all and give them big sloppy kisses.
                        The problem at the moment is the lack of money to get to your place and back home.....
                        Last edited by brickie in oz; 06-30-2013, 12:47 AM.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Maybe 8 months or so, hard to say. Could be sooner. I understand the situation, most of my life spent that way and now after all the building I'm once again in that boat.

Still, if you can figure it the airfare to and fro is a fraction of what travel would cost if a hotel was involved. Its a different culture which is neat. Let me know if the possibility arises. Plus, could come pretty much anytime in the future. June has fiesta...every June.
                          Last edited by Lancer; 06-30-2013, 02:50 AM.

Comment

8 months may be doable, Ill see how I go, and thanks once again for the offer.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

You are welcome. Thanks for all your good and patient advice.

Comment

Progress pics...

The metal bar is far from the heat.

In the Abbyverse: Abby got a new kitty cat hairband. That's the wife's comp behind her.

Gary can't figure out how to eat the oven.

The boss approves!

Last edited by Lancer; 07-05-2013, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X