Grossest foods you ever liked?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Grossest foods you ever liked?

'bout time you brought us some culinary delights from down under Jeff.

Turtle soup? Had it a number of times...very tasty...you put a shot of sherry in it.
    Sharing life's positives and loving the slow food lane

Comment

and now you really made me want to try the vegemite.....
      ...I do like marmite, what's the difference?

Comment

The best wierd stuff would be Fried Rocky Mountain Oysters (Young Bull Testicles) They were made right and I was hungry. But for what they were, they were good!
        Other stuff I tasted that was not so good. Chicken Feet - too gristley. Heart and liver stew - cooked too long. Mountain oysters(pig testicles) - made WRONG...not cleansed properly, stunk up house and tasted like they smelled. Pork brains and eggs - Worst...bad texture combination, not a good taste and made to eat it as a kid.
        Orrin Dean

Excuse me. I'm new at this.

Comment

Fire ants in Costa Rica

Not really Fire ants but they looked like them - had a carrot taste to them. not bad once you get over the fact that you are eating a bug. I tired one or two at first but you really don't get a meaning ful taste with just one or two. Six was the magic mumber.

Comment

SJim,
            Marmite is a bit more fluid than vegemite, and I simply don't go much on the flavour. Vege with fresh bread and butter, or hot toast, is pretty neat. I think it goes back to what one ate as a kid. Very subjective eh.

Had been living in Java for some months, and the Princess, (then aged 12),was homesick for western-style macaroni cheese. As the waitress walked away, I said quietly 'with chilli'.
            Yep. Cheesy noodles laced with fire. Big mouth strikes again.
            But enough of the home truths, and thanks to CJim for raising the subject.
            Oh we did keep a cleaned goanna in the freezer (fresh road kill: head shot) for a few months, but chickened out. Pity.
            Water buffalo ain't bad, but forget magpie geese. Too damn tough.
            I stop.

Comment

Jeff,
              I'm looking forward to the middle of the month when we get an exchange student from Oz...then I'll have someone here to translate what you're saying...Somehow its english, but then it's not. Whats a goanna and magpie geese? Know what you mean about chickening out though..kept a clean racoon in the freezer for a year, but never did cook the thing (revenge for it tearing up my attic)...
              we keep talking about doing a wild food party one night... I got a bunch of turtles in the pond that need thinning out..., deer in the freezer now, . rabbit and squirrel are rampart this year so talk about trapping a few.. and I got a source that traps nuisance beaverr (Dont go there!)...
              Paradise is where you make it.

Comment

CV,
                Very funny stuff. I had tears in my eyes reading your post!

Jeff's a riot, huh? Why try to understand completely? He might scare us all if we really knew. Jeffy's not telling anybody, but he's smarter than all of us. He can't shut his brain off. He probably could have been a Nobelaureate. Now? - runaway brains pouring all over us poor oven builders. I love to see his intelectual rivers flow across our doorsteps, leaving the debris of dogs, goats, racoons, turtles etc. for us to deal with.

Cheers Jeff! Salute! Onya!
                GJBingham
                -----------------------------------
                Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

-

Comment

Get stuffed Sir George of Longbeach.
                  Jeff(y).

Comment

Gentle folk,
                    I think you mob just helped me into the 250 pen. If so, then that's good. Don't be surprised if, when you get your Aussie exchange student, they sound nothing like me:
                    FUCK!!
                    Newsflash just said 20.000 dead in Burma!
                    Thanks eh.
                    teach.

Comment

Sorry. Unconditional apologies.
                      I had no right to swear on this sight.
                      Jeff.

Comment

note to Jeff - you can go back into your post and edit it - one way to keep the board PG-13

Comment

Sorry Jeff, after you edit your post. A detention is in order. No pizza for a week in your WFO. Just store bought.

Comment

Ooooh, that's a bit harsh isn't it?!
                            "Building a Brick oven is the most fun anyone can have by themselves." (Terry Pratchett... slightly amended)

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/p...pics-2610.html
                            http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f9/p...nues-2991.html

Comment

Good thread killer! I think we pretty much covered the topic anyway. Adios!
                              GJBingham
                              -----------------------------------
                              Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

-

Comment

Originally posted by jeff View Post
                                Gentle folk,
                                I think you mob just helped me into the 250 pen. If so, then that's good. Don't be surprised if, when you get your Aussie exchange student, they sound nothing like me:
                                F***
                                Newsflash just said 20.000 dead in Burma!
                                Thanks eh.
                                teach.
                                Now over 100,000 dead!!

Comment

Working...
                                X