X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brianventura
    replied
    Re: The build has begun!

I was able to get some time in to finish the vent arch. The metal bracket will help with the stress from the arch. There will be more bracing on the soldier course to help keep everything in place.

Leave a comment:

• brianventura
    replied

More photos.

Leave a comment:

• brianventura
    replied

I was thinking of housing the dome with metal studs and finishing with stone and a metal roof. That is the plan but it is not definite. At this point I'm still not 100% on what it will look like in the end, other than it will be a house structure. Along with the oven I'm also going to install countertops on both sides for an outdoor kitchen. When I went to get a permit for sewer and electrical the building department approved my plans as long as I don't exceed 6' at the ridge for the oven structure. Well, my plan was to have it at 6.5' and that is why I'm not clear on final yet.

Leave a comment:

• Tscarborough
    replied

That might not be the most elegant solution, but it would work. What is the design to finish the front of your oven?

Leave a comment:

• brianventura
    replied

Tscarborough,

Yes, I was considering metal brackets on each side. If you have a suggestion on what might be a better option I would appreciate the advice.

Leave a comment:

• Tscarborough
    replied

Looking very nice, but you are going to want to buttress that entry arch before you go much further.

Leave a comment:

• KPE01
    replied

Nice job you are giving me the motivation to start my oven.

Leave a comment:

• countrysidebc
    replied

Great work, I like how you are building your opening and chimney

Leave a comment:

• brianventura
    replied

Aegis,
    It is a Harbor Freight saw that I'm using. Awhile back I did tile with my brother in-law so I have logged many hours on a tile saw. Some of the cuts are difficult with the 10" blade. You have to turn over some pieces to get the full cut all the way through.

Here are some more photos of the vent area that I'm hoping to finish in the next week.

Leave a comment:

• Aegis
    replied

Originally posted by brianventura View Post
    Here is what I finished today.
    Great compound cuts on the firebrick, looks like you are using a HF saw! Where/How did you learn to do that? Love the large floor tiles that came with the kit! I am definitely jealous! Great Job!

Leave a comment:

• brianventura
    replied

Here is what I finished today.

Leave a comment:

• brianventura
    replied

Thanks rrjeffer. I have good weather today and hopefully I will get some more photos up to view.

Leave a comment:

• brianventura
    replied

I made some pizza the other night on my pizza stones. It was very good but ultimately I am looking forward to not using them and moving on to a real oven for pizza!

Leave a comment:

• rrjeffer
    replied

HI we are building as well and I like your pictures.

Leave a comment:

• brianventura
    replied

I will not be able to work on the oven for a couple of days, but that will give what I have done already time to set.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X