No announcement yet.

Will an oven fit....looks like yes! PA build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For sure there's some water....everything soaks water out of the air over time. Another bigger fire this morning, another tonight and so on until it full hot Saturday evening

Comment

I agree with David, better to be the tortoise than the hare. This is the point where we see a lot of builder fire too fast too hot and end up cracking their ovens. When water sublimates to steam, the volume increases up to 1500 times, this will cause internal pressure between the brick dome and the stucco coat. Too much pressure and the dome cracks this is why we advocate some type of vent in the apex of the dome. It is a fairly aggressive curing schedule.
      Russell
      Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

I understand your concern but I do not share it.

The 100k btu propane burner/fire starter I ordered came! fire 4 was much easier to light.
        Attached Files

Comment

Wait 1,2,3 fire 3 not 4

inside the dome is black so not that hot, and just a little too hot to hold my hand on, so maybe 180-200f

Comment

Good luck, just giving you feedback from the dozen or perhaps hundreds of builds we have watched or advised on over the years.
            Russell
            Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

I put my hand in the done as #3 was burning low and....250? I decided to drop one a larger log and let it slow burn another couple hours.

Comment

Tiny bit of heat left this morning...maybe 100f in the dome. Actual fire number 4 lit. I'm home today so I'll probably tend it and try to maintain 300-400 all day, maybe ramp up q bit in the evening.

Comment

Pizza #1

Comment

Looked great but sadly it was inedible

Comment

Luckily it was just a $5 Walmart practice pizza

now I know not to push 5he fire back and throw a pizza in, WAY too hot. Tomorrow should be better....I hope.

Comment

Try the semolina test. ie cast about 1/4 tsp of semolina into the centre of the oven. If it goes black in 2 secs = too hot, burnt bottom, 3 secs = just right, 4 secs = too cool, pizzas take too long or have soft bottoms.
                        All WFO's will be too hot on the floor for the first pizza, it's just like the first pancake is usually a bummer. I always cook the first pizza half in the entry where it's cooler, pushing subsequent pizzas progressively deeper in.
                        Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

A real fire and a pre-pizza snack

Comment

And chicken

Comment

Success! We made a truly wonderful pizza tonight.

Comment

one more pic

Comment

Working...
                                X