SE Minnesota insanity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SE Minnesota insanity

Well, from what I can see, so far so good on the finishing. Please, more photos when it's ready for it's beauty shots!
    How is it working WRT smoke/air intake, etc.? Does it heat up your house much?

Comment

Thanks Splatgirl! It does heat up the house just a little, but not too much that it would be uncomfortable to use in summer. The air intake works perfectly, without the originally planned side vents. (I fired it a few times before enclosing the wall, and discovered they weren't necessary.) The venting also works perfectly. It has great draw, and absolutely no smoke makes it an inch forward the flue into the arch. The arch is a triple curve, almost kind of an igloo in itself. I don't need an exhaust fan. Very pleased. Beauty shots in a few weeks when the trim is finished! Cheers!

Have you used yours a lot this summer?

Eric

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Pfeifer View Post
        Thanks Splatgirl! It does heat up the house just a little, but not too much that it would be uncomfortable to use in summer. The air intake works perfectly, without the originally planned side vents. (I fired it a few times before enclosing the wall, and discovered they weren't necessary.) The venting also works perfectly. It has great draw, and absolutely no smoke makes it an inch forward the flue into the arch. The arch is a triple curve, almost kind of an igloo in itself. I don't need an exhaust fan. Very pleased. Beauty shots in a few weeks when the trim is finished! Cheers!

Have you used yours a lot this summer?

Eric
        Eric, it has now been over a year since you promised some beauty shots...

Please let us have a look at one of the most interesting ovens out there.

Chip
        Chip

Comment

Yes I am also very interested in seeing some beauty shots of the oven.

Comment

Yeah I would love to see the final result, and how doesn't affect the temp in the house when in use.

Comment

This is going to be to cool , can't wait to see the finished product.

Comment

Working...
              X