Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Forno Bravo Expo 2010

Hey Jim,

Good luck that you are in the neighborhood. I think any time would be great to come by -- there will be demo's running all the time, along with raffles and hopefully some nice dry weather.

Come on by!
    James
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

James,
      Had a ball at the expo.
      Thanks.

Comment

Agreed - it was a great time! My wife was fairly surprised at the close community we are - there was not one person you could turn to and not have a great conversation. It was fantastic to finally talk with the people that I have been emailing for much too long. Here are a few pic's, and sorry, lost the list of names.

1. A women that highly recommends FB products (bought flour, tomat's and oil)
        2. The place to be - these guy's rocked! Had great food non stop. They apparently offer cooking classes at their restaurants so I put it on my bucket list.
        3. One of their dishes (stuffed pork). I picked up the thermometer and it shot at 748 - he said it should be cooked at around 650. There was some oven sharing going on, but everyone pulled it off.
        4. James taking a poll. It was agreed that this event needs to happen again and at a time it may be a little warmer (take note of our jackets).
        5. Just to add to the last pic, we are starting up over the hill. Reno got 15 inches of snow today. It's snowing in Carson as I type.

When this is held again, I hope more can show up - turn it into your California vacation. That area has so much to offer.

Les...
        Last edited by Les; 02-22-2010, 01:04 PM.
        Check out my pictures here:
        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

James,
          Sorry I didn't get a chance talk with you, but we did talk with your wife, (Keri)? not sure of the spelling. Had a blast and spent way too much money, but we needed so much.
          Went back today in the rain and the crowd was smaller, but just as friendly. We met so many (foodies) and tasted some great food.
          Dusty, hope you enjoy the sour dough starter.

Tom and Nena
          Member WFOAMBA Wood Fired Oven Amatueur Masons Builders America

Comment

Hey folks,

What a blast! Thanks to everyone who came to FB Expo. We had a great time, and we got to meet a large number of FB oven owners and FB Forum members -- and the food was great. We had 140 attendees on Saturday and 50 on Sunday (despite the rain).

I will be posting photos a little later, and I will also be putting together a slideshow.

We want to give a big thanks to:

Scott at Bella Familia -- he brought his catering oven down and he made some incredible pizzas (yukon golds with gorgonzola; roast garlic with rosemary, etc., etc.)

Gabriel and Juan from Il Forniao -- they were great. They made roast, stuffed pork loin, shrimp and mozzarella bruschetta, mussels, bread, handmade canneloni, shrimp with pesto; all incredible. These guys can cook.

Jeanette and Mark from Orlando Foods/Caputo -- Jeanette is VPN trained and they were making incredible mozzarella di bufala pizzas and teaching dough handling. Watching Mark pump perfect pizzas out of the Primavera60 in Sunday was a great thing to see. He's a real professional, and he loved the little oven!

Antinio from Laudisio Ristorante. Antonio is a great guy and a great chef. He had the whole crowd listening to every word, and he made Paella Valenciana, roast chicken, frittatas and a lot more.

Joseph from the Fire Within. Joseph was keeping everybody's oven working and showing the catering ovens.

The crowd was great, and we had visitors from around the US, including Utah, Hawaii, Chicago, Iowa, Vancouver, Nevada and Oregon .

We also got the meet up with Rafael and the group at Forno Bravo UK, Antonio from Forno Bravo Australia, and Pierluigi (from Italy), our export sales manager.

Thanks again to everyone for helping make FB Expo 2010 a big success.
            James
            Last edited by james; 02-22-2010, 05:29 PM.
            Pizza Ovens
            Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Originally posted by trockyh View Post
              Dusty, hope you enjoy the sour dough starter.

Tom and Nena
              Thanks again Tom. I'm sure I'll enjoy it just fine. If nothing else, it had gotten me jacked up to try baking bread again.
              It was fun seeing you and meeting your wife - she's great.
              And thanks for the link. That is where I will start.

dusty

Comment

Dusty, Les, Exceloven, JohnnyFocaccia, Telehort, Ricklesss, Trockyh. Thanks for coming guys. Who else came that I have not mentioned?
                James
                Pizza Ovens
                Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Originally posted by james View Post
                  Who else came that I have not mentioned?
                  James
                  There are a few that stood out from my perspective. Shaheen and Rick - a connection for goat cheese. Also, Teresa and Gary, they bought one of your new pre-cast ovens. On the next open, you need to let us in and view that process (unless it's top secret). I was very impressed on how little heat that was coming out of those things, after running for hours, and how thin they were - great job. Also, thank you for arranging this! We will return in a heartbeat next year.

Les...
                  Check out my pictures here:
                  http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

i hope this as a annual event, i am sorry that i missed this one, won't miss the next!! post pics!!

Comment

• Re: Forno Bravo Expo 2010

Here are some pics! We had red and black T-shirts.
                      James
                      Last edited by james; 02-23-2010, 05:04 PM.
                      Pizza Ovens
                      Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

More pics.
                        James
                        Pizza Ovens
                        Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Even more.
                          James
                          Last edited by james; 02-23-2010, 05:12 PM.
                          Pizza Ovens
                          Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

James, and everybody else,
                            Just wanted to say I had a blast! It was definitely worth the drive down from Oregon.
                            My riding companion fell ill, and requested we head back home, so unfortunately I wasn't able to come back on Sunday like I was planning.
                            Next year, however!

Great community of folks, for sure!

RicklesssssssS in Oregon

Comment

We had a great time and will be back next year.

Thanks James and crew.

Tom and Nena
                              Member WFOAMBA Wood Fired Oven Amatueur Masons Builders America

Comment

what is the pre cast oven? is that he giardino or another product?

Comment

Working...
                                X