Forno Bravo Expo 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Forno Bravo Expo 2010

Here is the Other Activies page for FB Expo. It's a condensed list of fun things to do on the Monterey Peninsula.

Forno Bravo Expo 2010 Other Activities

Again, jump in with comments.
    James
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

LOL. We do have quite a few middle-aged guys in our community -- no offense intended to everyone else who is not. :-)
      James

Originally posted by dusty View Post
      Except for maybe the "skinny part" I think you just described most of us.

I will be there and am looking forward to meeting all of you.

dusty
      Pizza Ovens
      Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Here are some additional comments on places to stay on the Peninsula...

If you don't want a lot of amenities or things around the hotel, but something comfortable and (relatively) cheap (for Monterey), the Comfort Inn next to the airport is a good choice. The larger (but more expensive) rooms have fireplaces. My company put me up there when I moved to the area.

Your favorite college team playing one of the nights you are staying here, and you plan on doing a bit of drinking? Stay at the Hyatt. Knuckles Sports Bar is in the hotel.

You want basic chain motels closer to where the Expo is? There are a few motels right at the Reservation Rd / Beach Rd exit on Hwy 1 in Marina (Quality Inn, Holiday Inn, Comfort Inn). Never stayed at any of them, but I used to live right around the corner from there. Near the beach and Walmart. There is also a resort hotel (Sanctuary Beach Resort) on the beach right there.

By the way, if you are bringing a Significant Other and/or kids, and they are not attending the Expo, there are not a lot of things for them to do in Marina. In that case, stay at one of the places down at Cannery Row (where you will find Monterey Bay Aquarium, IMAX, and as James pointed out - touristy shops and restauants). Wifes and girlfriends love Carmel and the "fufu" (frilly) hotels and shopping, so stay there if it keeps them happy.

And one comment about the Monterey Airport - it is small, and only has small regional jets and puddlejumpers flying into it, but because of that, it is one of the easiest airports to fly out of.
        Ed

Comment

Originally posted by EADavis View Post
          In that case, stay at one of the places down at Cannery Row (where you will find Monterey Bay Aquarium, IMAX, and as James pointed out - touristy shops and restauants).
          To add to this - the Hotel Pacific. We stayed there last year and it was great. Clean rooms, friendly staff, and you wake up to the sounds of seals - OK, that might not be good. They are kinda like roosters - first sign of light and they start yelling.
          Check out my pictures here:
          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

I'm out.. I have a schedualing confict..

Damn!

Chris

Comment

We are also planning on offering a "Build Your Own Oven" service, where you work with us to assemble and finish your own oven using the Forno Bravo Casa modular oven kit. You provide the labor and we provide the materials, the space and the expertise, giving you a great oven (and a great experience), at a great price. Your oven will be shipped to you after you get home. Let us know if you are interested in doing this fun project.
              I am intrigued by the "Build your own oven" activity, as I have been thinking about getting a 32" CASA2G80. How much building is planned (all the way to insulation and stucco?). Also, once assembled, I am concerned about being able to lift and install the finished oven on the stand as it will no doubt weigh "a ton".

ter

Comment

Just booked our room at Hotel Pacific and they appear to be having a deal right now. I believe I booked the same room as before but it's less than half the price! Probably a sign of our economy.

Looking forward to meeting you all (that will be able to make it)

Les...
                Check out my pictures here:
                http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

What about having an Expo in Australia too?? Perhaps this is on the cards already?

I am sure there would be strong interest here given the local obsession with WFOs.

Rossco
                  / Rossco

Comment

Sorry, can't make it. I just spent 3 months walking around with pneumonia and I just can't take any more leave time for a while.

Maybe next time... Sigh...
                    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal." -Mike Ditka
                    [/CENTER]

Comment

Hi Everyone
                      I'm new to this forum.
                      If your going to put the expo on the web you might want to look at the masonry heater assoc. (MHA) homepage. They have a meeting every year at wildacres, and it's something I've always wanted to go to but of corse can't afford. However their website for the meeting is so informative that it's almost like beeing there. (except for the pizza and beer)
                      I'm shure anyone interested in pizza ovens will love their web site.
                      thanks m9f

Comment

I was just in Monterey and over Christmas and went to the newly remodeled Monterey Bay Aquarium. It is Awesome well worth the $16 entry fee. especially the jellyfish display.
                        Our Facebook Page:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stoneh...60738907277443

Comment

My wife and I are in. It will be nice coming back to the area I was born and raised. I've never brought my wife there so she's excited. To clinch the deal a friend said she could get us a free room at the Cypress Inn in Carmel. Look forward to meeting everyone.

Mark

Comment

Hey all,

We are getting a nice rate of folks signing up -- though I still can't predict how many people will becoming. Now all we need it good weather.

Here's a piece of nice news. We have a US representative for Caputo coming and cooking pizza and doing hands-on demonstrations working with the flour! How cool it that? :-) This is something really fun to look forward to.

James
                            Pizza Ovens
                            Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Originally posted by james View Post
                              ...Here's a piece of nice news. We have a US representative for Caputo coming and cooking pizza and doing hands-on demonstrations working with the flour! How cool it that? :-) This is something really fun to look forward to. James
                              James please ask, NAY... ORDER this representative to send a shipment of this good stuff to Australia. The drought has gone on for way too long now and has to stop!! CAPUTO for OZ NOW ... (repeat the chant several times for best effect!!)

/Rossco
                              / Rossco

Comment

Hello....I've just joined and would like to say hello. At the min I live in the UK and have just finished training as a baker (I was a mature student, but I'm not owning up to how mature =). We plan to move to Nova Scotia in 2010. so I thought I'd have a look around your forum, Its great, really helpful and friendly. Lots of the stuff I use will be different I expect so it will be a learning curve. I'm also debating whether I should bring all my collection of tools and gadjets with me or just my favourite things and buy new pans etc when I arrive. I've been baking at home for family friends charities etc for years, and would love to make a career out of it. Who knows my new life maybe the start.
                                Coffee tutorials

Comment

Working...
                                X