Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Forno Bravo Expo 2010

James,
    I will certainly think about that. I have in-laws in Santa Cruz and they have wanted me to bring my oven down many times, but the whole highway 17 thing kinda freaks me out pulling a 2 ton oven up and over the hill but I think I have milked that excuse about as long as I can so this may be a great reason for me to bring it down :-)

Comment

Telehort,
      Take Hwy 101 South to Prunedale, then Hwy 156 West to Castroville ("The Artichoke Capital of the World" for you non-locals), then Hwy 1 North to Santa Cruz. The hill on 101 may strain your engine, but no curves like on Hwy 17! It is a little longer, but a lot easier. And to get to Monterey is straight down 1. Sorry to ruin your excuses!
      Ed

Comment

It's true -- the 156 isn't that bad. :-)

Either way, we will have FB ovens available for demo -- just nothing on wheels without you!
        James
        Pizza Ovens
        Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

ohhh! a convention for WFO geeks! Sign me up! That would be awesome payback to s.o. for all the tech geekery NorCal trips I've had to take.

Comment

hey james,,

when you do the web research,, can you set it up for the east coast too ??? there may be a lot of us in the east who couldnt make a trip to CA but we do have a few convention centers here in NY & NJ that have cooking and restaurant shows every year, that would be a great place for you to sell ovens !!
            Mark

Comment

Thanks for all the input so far. I am attaching Poll to this thread to get some rough idea on how the dates and location sound (I think it is going to take us a while to start holding an east coast version).

After we get some input on this, we will set up a registration system for doing RSVPs.

Here goes,
              James
              Pizza Ovens
              Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

I'm interested. Not so much in "building the oven" part - mine should be built and in use by then. But definitely in the "using the oven" part of it.

Comment

Oh boy, we will definitely cook!
                  James
                  Pizza Ovens
                  Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

What airport would you fly into and about how far from airport to Expo.

Thanks

Comment

Monterey has its own airport, but it isn't very big. You should check it out for flights.

San Jose Airport is one hour, 15 minutes.
                      San Francisco Airport is one hour 45 minutes.
                      Oakland Airport is one hour 45 minutes.

James

There is a huge number of hotel rooms, and we will check and see if we can get a group discount at one of the larger hotels.
                      Pizza Ovens
                      Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Comment

If you get serious, don` fret about the drive down from San.Fran.--it is great and you could do it in a couple or three hours or over two days and be happy either way. Don`t just drive toward Big Sur, go into it a bit. it must be one of the world`s most famous ocean drives but do NOT do it at night. Really, between San Fran and mid- Big Sur the days fill themselves with delights.

Comment

Happy to attend ... can I give you my contact details so you can send my air ticket!!!

The Expo is a Great idea - would love to attend but are likely going to Europe in 2010.

Just been over to South Africa for a few weeks - perhaps that would be a good market for FB, particularly as they are having the Soccer World Cup there in 2010.
                            / Rossco

Comment

James - I apologize if I have missed it, I read through the thread a couple times. Are there "hard" dates for this yet? Just trying to make plans and want to make sure I can fit this great event in

Comment

Hey Telehort,

FB Expo has just been finalized for Feb 20-21 at the new FB offices on the Monterey peninsula (finally). There are lots details to come, but the time and space have been set!

The details will be here: http://www.fornobravo.com/expo

It would be great for you to be a big part of FB Expo -- we are working on the tracks for presenters and demos. Can you send me an email (info at fornobravo dot com), and we can work on the details? Sacramento to Monterey isn't too bad; and our winter weather is a little warmer than the central valley. :-)

Let's get hooked up.
                                James
                                Pizza Ovens
                                Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Working...
                                X