Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Forno Bravo Expo 2010

Originally posted by thezaman View Post
    what is the pre cast oven? is that he giardino or another product?
    James is manufacturing his own line of ovens now (except for one). They are casted of refractory material and function very well. It's very impressive on how thin they are with minimal heat on the exterior. Not sure about the names - James?
    Check out my pictures here:
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

Hey guys,

FB currently manufactures residential oven kits and assembled ovens. Each oven is made with a cast oven dome/vent, a firebrick tile floor, FB board floor insulation, FB blanket dome insulation, FB mortar, chimney, a metal door and thermometer. I think they are only thin relative to a site-built brick oven. Our ovens are very heavy and well insulated compared with other oven kits -- and they work great. We also have lots of interesting stuff in the works. :-)

Modular Oven Kits:

Giardino60 and 70 (24 and 28")
      Casa2G80, 90, 100 and 110 (32 - 44")

Fully Assembled Ovens

Primavera60 and 70
      Toscana80, 90, 100 and 110.

I hope this helps.
      James
      Pizza Ovens
      Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Hello everybody. My name is Henry and I’d like to say couple words about why I’m here….but first, I’d like to thank James and All who worked on the FornoBravo Expo2010 for the nicely organized event, great food and warm Welcome.

One of the things which I liked on the Expo was that James gave everybody attention while hosting the event and to me that was important. I was able to share some of my ideas about the oven I’m planning to build and lucky to have the advice from James.

I found this site couple month ago and it helped me to get some useful information about the brick porosity alumina content etc .I’m thinking about building Georgian bread oven called “Tone” .It is similar to Tondoori oven but has brick walls instead of traditional clay

At this point, I do not have practical knowledge or experience in building ovens but hope this forum continues to be the place where I can learn something new and share some of my ongoing progress..

Comment

Each oven is made with a cast oven dome/vent
          I think, James, that maybe you're selling yourself and your excellent product short, buy using the word "cast", which is associated with refractory concrete domes (castable).
          Maybe slip-cast is better, or maybe pre-formed, to get away from the word cast entirely.

Just an idea.
          My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

Had a great weekend - Pity about the weather but Saturday was not too bad
            even my kids had fun

a few pictures:

Comment

Henry -- we are looking forward to seeing your project move forward. It was great for me to learn about your country's traditional oven. For everyone to understand a little more, Henry in from Georgia (the country) where they build a brick oven that is shaped somewhat like a Tandoor. It if fired in the bottom, is open topped and the breads are baked on the oven walls. It sounds very interesting, and I am going to watch with interest as you go through the construction process.

You might want to start making postings in the Alternative Ovens section of the forum.

Also, good luck finding a crew of masons who can tackle the project. I will let you know if I have any leads.
              James
              Pizza Ovens
              Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Dmun,

That is an interesting perspective. The castable material we use in the dome/vent assembly is basically the same composition, purity and density as a high-quality medium duty firebrick. It's great stuff (and expensive). I also think the dome and vent design is very good -- if I don't say so myself. :-)

The dome is cast using a two-sided form on a vibrating table -- which is a higher quality process than the single-sided, hand packed form that most other pre-cast oven producers use.

What is the right term, or phrase, to capture this?
                James
                Pizza Ovens
                Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Both my wife and myself had a great time. Food and chefs were outstanding and looking forward to the next one. Hopefully the weather will cooperate a litle more next time, but all you had to do is stand closer to the opening of one of the ovens to get rid of the chill

Comment

Hey folks,

We posted the slideshow for FB Expo 2010. You can find it here:

Forno Bravo Expo 2010 Slideshow

James
                    Pizza Ovens
                    Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Working...
                    X