No announcement yet.

My IT design

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can anyone tell me what to expect for the temperature of the outside if the dome?
    42” dome; 3” of fb insulation and 4” across the top. (Can put another 2” of insulation as I have another box.

I am trying to design the building and clearance to the dome will depend on outside temperature if dome. I suspect it will be cool to the touch (4.5” medium duty fire brick and three to four inches of fb blanket)

thanks

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

First Pizza party yesterday. As I told my friends I had finished curing, the numbers of attendees to my first pizza attempt grew. Last night 17 people and 15 pizzas later, it was a huge success!

Comment

that is magical. Congrats.

Comment

Thanks ogooogo....I am in lake Country. It seems we are neighbours?

Comment

yep, .. I am a kelowna-ite ... That is kinda cool.

Comment

Are you ever concerned with neighbours calling in to the City ByLaw agent regarding "open" flame ? I certainly am not. All my neighbours are "normal" and also have outdoor fireplaces (wood burning). Besides, .. the initial smoke sure smells good.

Comment

We are allowed open flame and outdoor fires and outdoor fore cooking. It’s just kelowna with the bad approach.

Comment

Comment

Comment

This is where I am at. I am still committed to having it done by Father’s Day (the day I started last year). Winter was no production as it was just too inconvenient to deal with mortar and freezing temperatures. My dome was functional as well so I could cook in it.

Comment

Nice to see you post again. These ovens never seem to get done. I just finished a slide out drawer for the wood strorage area and my oven way mostly completed in 2012. I guess will all this Covid isolation the WFOer's are finishing up the loose ends.
                              Russell
                              Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

I am determined to finish this project up. I have purchased a bmw k1200lt that I am going to refresh and ride; and my greenhouse was trashed by a mini tornado wind this spring and I have poured footings for a more durable rough-cut post and beam structure from fir. I should limit the number of active projects to two or three at a time!

Comment

Working...
                                X