Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oven_Man View Post
    Hi Mark

Definitely going to brick the entire floor of the oven - also gonna remove the underneath plate that's creating an air gap.

If you don't mind, please can you sketch the baffle you referring to.

You truly have been a great help - can't thank you enough.

Take Care
    Here's a rough sketch of what I think can help. ( Cross sections)
    Obviously, I hope I understand how your oven has been built. If my understanding is not correct, then please let me know.

Click image for larger version  Name:	baffle.jpg Views:	0 Size:	101.8 KB ID:	434629
    Last edited by MarkJerling; 01-05-2021, 10:20 PM.
    My 42" build: https://community.fornobravo.com/for...ld-new-zealand
    My oven drawings: My oven drawings - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Comment

Hi Mark

Apologies for the late reply - it's been an eventful few weeks leaving me with little to no time for my oven.

I took your idea to my fabricator and he said it's doable - hopefully tomorrow he will collect the oven and follow your advice with a small adjustment . Instead of just a straight baffle like you sketched out, he will cover the chimney hole on the inside with a box type and then channel it to the oven mouth with the new a vent there - sorry my explanation is poor but in retrospect, the cold air will enter the oven, heat the fire and before exiting out the oven moth, it will travel up the new vent box as I would like to call it and then finally out the chimney hole. This will prevent the direct flames from travelling straight up the chimney, I've just attached a picture of the chimney as it is.

Wish me luck - hope that circumvents the issues I'm experiencing.

Again thanks for being awesome with the brilliant advice.

Take Care
      Attached Files

Comment

That sounds like a fine plan to me. Lets hope it works!
        My oven drawings: My oven drawings - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Comment

Originally posted by Oven_Man View Post
          Hi Mark

Apologies for the late reply - it's been an eventful few weeks leaving me with little to no time for my oven.

I took your idea to my fabricator and he said it's doable - hopefully tomorrow he will collect the oven and follow your advice with a small adjustment . Instead of just a straight baffle like you sketched out, he will cover the chimney hole on the inside with a box type and then channel it to the oven mouth with the new a vent there - sorry my explanation is poor but in retrospect, the cold air will enter the oven, heat the fire and before exiting out the oven moth, it will travel up the new vent box as I would like to call it and then finally out the chimney hole. This will prevent the direct flames from travelling straight up the chimney, I've just attached a picture of the chimney as it is.

Wish me luck - hope that circumvents the issues I'm experiencing.

Again thanks for being awesome with the brilliant advice.

Take Care
          I'm interested to know how the changes worked out?

Comment

Working...
          X