Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Starting new 36" build

Let there be light!

Not really oven related, but I wanted to share the results of my patio light stringing. It was a bit of a fiddly project but I am really pleased with the results!

Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-06-12 22.12.10 (600x800).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	233.8 KB
ID:	304902

It has come a long way from this, which is the only picture I took of the backyard before this whole project started!

Name:	4e.jpg
Size:	164.2 KB
ID:	304903
    Last edited by deejayoh; 06-13-2014, 10:40 AM.
    My build progress
    My WFO Journal on Facebook
    My dome spreadsheet calculator

Comment

DJ,

Turned out very nice. I may copy your idea for our pergola. It was a pleasure to meet you and Becky (hope I got the name right) the other night. Nice to share a brew with you folks.
      Russell
      Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Here's a shot of our San Marzano bounty from this year. We planted a single plant from a nursery. It was loaded with fruit! Still more on the plant, this was just the first picking

Name:	IMG_20140910_105108 (1280x960).jpg
Size:	615.9 KB
ID:	305931
        My build progress

Comment

Originally posted by UtahBeehiver View Post
          Nice little details on cedar fence. I see the retro filament lights are the rage right now. I look at one the other day but the light bulb cost gave me sticker price shock.
          If you want those string lights, my neighbor has put up the ones from Target under their pergola, they have been using them for over 2 years. They tell me they have worked quite well. They lights aren't industrial, but will do the trick. The only caveat is you can only daisychain 2 strands together or they'll blow.

Room Essentials? Clear Globe Lights (25ct) : Target

Comment

Originally posted by almondsurf View Post
            If you want those string lights, my neighbor has put up the ones from Target under their pergola, they have been using them for over 2 years. They tell me they have worked quite well. They lights aren't industrial, but will do the trick. The only caveat is you can only daisychain 2 strands together or they'll blow.

Room Essentials? Clear Globe Lights (25ct) : Target
            Actually, if you look around, you can get a decent commercial quality set for about $80. I got mine from budgetlighting.com. I had the target lights before, they didn't last for me once they went outside.
            My build progress

Comment

Originally posted by Tscarborough View Post
              One of the advantages of a barrel vault is that the expansion joints can be built in. The front and back are built with slip joints, and thus no cracking. I did get some cracking on the concrete cladding, but they are shrinkage not thermal.
              I am building a barrel vault can you elaborate on the expansion joints so I keep my cracking to a minimum. Thanks... :-)
              Best Regards...
              Gugahulk!

My Build...

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f6/w...-fl-21793.html

BUILD IT AND THEY WILL COME
              Food will always be the best way to spend time with family & friends, and that is all that really matters.
              STOP THINKING ABOUT IT AND DO IT!

Comment

Working...
              X