• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gugahulk
    replied
    Re: Starting new 36" build

Originally posted by Tscarborough View Post
    One of the advantages of a barrel vault is that the expansion joints can be built in. The front and back are built with slip joints, and thus no cracking. I did get some cracking on the concrete cladding, but they are shrinkage not thermal.
    I am building a barrel vault can you elaborate on the expansion joints so I keep my cracking to a minimum. Thanks... :-)

Leave a comment:

• deejayoh
    replied

Originally posted by almondsurf View Post
    If you want those string lights, my neighbor has put up the ones from Target under their pergola, they have been using them for over 2 years. They tell me they have worked quite well. They lights aren't industrial, but will do the trick. The only caveat is you can only daisychain 2 strands together or they'll blow.

Room Essentials? Clear Globe Lights (25ct) : Target
    Actually, if you look around, you can get a decent commercial quality set for about $80. I got mine from budgetlighting.com. I had the target lights before, they didn't last for me once they went outside.

Leave a comment:

• almondsurf
    replied

Originally posted by UtahBeehiver View Post
    Nice little details on cedar fence. I see the retro filament lights are the rage right now. I look at one the other day but the light bulb cost gave me sticker price shock.
    If you want those string lights, my neighbor has put up the ones from Target under their pergola, they have been using them for over 2 years. They tell me they have worked quite well. They lights aren't industrial, but will do the trick. The only caveat is you can only daisychain 2 strands together or they'll blow.

Room Essentials? Clear Globe Lights (25ct) : Target

Leave a comment:

• deejayoh
    replied

Here's a shot of our San Marzano bounty from this year. We planted a single plant from a nursery. It was loaded with fruit! Still more on the plant, this was just the first picking
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140910_105108 (1280x960).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	615.9 KB
ID:	305931

Leave a comment:

• UtahBeehiver
    replied

DJ,

Turned out very nice. I may copy your idea for our pergola. It was a pleasure to meet you and Becky (hope I got the name right) the other night. Nice to share a brew with you folks.

Leave a comment:

• deejayoh
    replied

Let there be light!

Not really oven related, but I wanted to share the results of my patio light stringing. It was a bit of a fiddly project but I am really pleased with the results!

Name:	2014-06-12 22.12.10 (600x800).jpg
Size:	233.8 KB
ID:	304902

It has come a long way from this, which is the only picture I took of the backyard before this whole project started!

Name:	4e.jpg
Size:	164.2 KB
ID:	304903
    Last edited by deejayoh; 06-13-2014, 10:40 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Greenman
    replied

Great job. Congratulations.

No more words required.

Leave a comment:

• Amac
    replied

Dennis well done - you are a credit to the class of... was it 12 .. really nice finish - I'm still under tarp - trying to decide

Leave a comment:

• deejayoh
    replied

Originally posted by UtahBeehiver View Post
    Nice little details on cedar fence. I see the retro filament lights are the rage right now. I look at one the other day but the light bulb cost gave me sticker price shock.
    Budget Lighting Inc.

Less than a buck each for the bulbs and under $100 for the bulbs + a 48' heavy light string after applying coupon codes. Plus free shipping. The box just showed up at my door and first impression is that the quality seems quite good!

btw - We are going to be passing through SLC next week on our way to the Grand Canyon. Not sure what the schedule looks like, but if the stars align, maybe we could arrange a viewing?

Leave a comment:

• UtahBeehiver
    replied

Leave a comment:

• deejayoh
    replied

Checking back in with a couple updates. I've been working on finishing up details in the backyard all spring, it feels like it is finally shaping up.

I installed a cedar fence and flowerbed where there once was an ugly old cyclone fence

Name:	2014-06-02 10.24.20 (800x600).jpg
Size:	333.1 KB
ID:	304738

from this

Name:	Kitchen complete (800x600).jpg
Size:	328.9 KB
ID:	304740

Also finally got my oven tools hung up.

Name:	2014-06-02 10.24.52 (600x800).jpg
Size:	224.4 KB
ID:	304739

Next project is a string of retro-style patio lights around the dining area. I am super excited to get these installed.

Last edited by deejayoh; 06-02-2014, 10:36 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Gulf
    replied

Did you happen to see this kid at the parade?

A very heart warming story from ya'lls "left coast" .

Leave a comment:

• deejayoh
    replied

Originally posted by Gulf View Post
    Congratulations, on the win!.......... Although, I am sorry that ya'll had to "totally" embarass one of Archies' boys like that . But, it wasn't the "Hawks" job too keep the score down .
    Thanks Gulf. I went to the parade yesterday. It was CRAZY! There were people 25 deep both sides of the street the whole route, plus another 100k in the stadiums.

We ended up not firing the oven for the SB. Went to a party at a friends. I didn't want to miss one minute of the game!

Leave a comment:

• Greenman
    replied

The game was well reported in Aus. It probably has a fan base here too but I am sure that since the under dogs got up it would have been popular with those who like to see the long odds come home.

I am sure that the occasion has spawned a lot of good food from the forno and we all look forward to seeing the outcomes.

Leave a comment:

• Gulf
    replied

Congratulations, on the win!.......... Although, I am sorry that ya'll had to "totally" embarass one of Archies' boys like that . But, it wasn't the "Hawks" job too keep the score down .
    Last edited by Gulf; 02-03-2014, 06:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X