X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UtahBeehiver
    replied
    Re: Starting new 36" build

I'm a Burton fan from way back. I still have my Woodie 145. You must be a free rider powder hound if you like the Barracuda. I have both a Vapor and a T6 depending on what the snow conditions are. But the T6 is my fav. very stable and around. The Vapor is a little noodlily. Have not been able to ride much this year, had to go on sabatical from teaching at Snowbird due to an aging parent. Next year. Glad the foot is doing better. BTW sure like the mosiac, was at the Met in NYC last week looking at mosiacs and it reminded me of your oven. The 2013 oven builders are starting to surface and looking forward to see what new WFOs look like.

PS Feel lucky that your counters are just dull and dingy they could look like mine, spalling and damaged.

Leave a comment:

• deejayoh
    replied

Carnuba + Beeswax treatment on outdoor concrete counters = what seems to be a very good idea

Counter with a full wax treatment
    Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_000282.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	154.5 KB
ID:	293337

Counter with only a test area waxed

Name:	WP_000283.jpg
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	293338

I was frustrated that the counters were so dull and dingy after the winter. Cleaned them up and tested a small patch... then a larger patch... and as soon as the rain clears up I will do the whole thing including the mosaic!

The first wax I used was a furniture polish called Feed-n-Wax that is not exactly food safe. But it worked so well that I bought some Butcher Block Conditioner by the same manufacturer to do the rest. Both have beeswax + carnuba wax as the active ingredients. The wax really brought back the shine to the counters, and you can see how it repels water. I think I will probably need to get into a routine of applying every few months in order to keep up the appearance of the counters as the weather is too hard on them to go with no maintenance.

Leave a comment:

• deejayoh
    replied

Russell -
    thanks for asking about the foot. It is improving. I'm in a walking cast now, no more crutches. I am getting around much better now, but still looking to get out of this thing!

Been sniffing around the clearance sales for next year's board... thinking about that Burton Barracuda.

Leave a comment:

• UtahBeehiver
    replied

Nice work dj hows the foot doing?

Leave a comment:

• dvm
    replied

Very Beautiful

Leave a comment:

• deejayoh
    replied

Here are some better pics - not so washed out as the earlier ones.

Name:	finish1 copy.jpg
Size:	131.5 KB
ID:	293019 Click image for larger version

Name:	detail1 copy.jpg
Size:	127.8 KB
ID:	293020

Leave a comment:

• Cookie Monster
    replied

Looks beautiful. Something to be very proud of.

Love the landing very nice touch!!!

Leave a comment:

• ATK406
    replied

That is the first time I have seen a mosaic on the landing. Congratulations it looks terrific. You shoud both be proud.

Leave a comment:

• UtahBeehiver
    replied

Very nice!!!

Leave a comment:

• deejayoh
    replied

Here's a couple shots of the landing, all sealed up and in place. I haven't mortared it in yet, but I wanted to share how it will look once installed.

Name:	WP_000259.jpg
Size:	116.8 KB
ID:	292929Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_000260.jpg
Size:	112.9 KB
ID:	292930
    The area between the two tape strips is going to be a faux chimney made out of the same clinker brick. I just need to get those last decorative bricks and stucco on, paint the trim, clean up the brick face, and I'll be done

Leave a comment:

• UtahBeehiver
    replied

DJ,

Holy Smoly, what next pizza by the slice!

Leave a comment:

• deejayoh
    replied

My next addition to the oven space: Outdoor Theater!

I bought a used LCD projector off of craiglist this week, and parts for an outdoor screen from "canopiesandtarps.com". It will integrate with the speaker setup I created before Christmas.

I'm planning a weekly pizza and movie series for our short Seattle summer

Leave a comment:

• david s
    replied

Originally posted by deejayoh View Post
    I just have to share: This is the what the Marta lift looked like the week I spent at LL. We hiked it the last day because they never got it dug out!

[ATTACH]33645[/ATTACH]
    That's a lot of snow. Making me envious. Here's a pic of our trip to Nozawa Onsen, Japan, Christmas 2010

Leave a comment:

• Amac
    replied

nice mosaic Dennis

Leave a comment:

• UtahBeehiver
    replied

Lol....it was going thru a tunnel when I rode the Marta lift with my board dragging on the snow. Great dulce con leche desserts at the resturants. Maybe an idea for a dessert wfo pizza

Leave a comment:

Working...
X