• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deejayoh
    replied
    Re: 36" build in Tallahassee - AKA Bruce's Folly

Originally posted by Gulf View Post
    I'm, still going with the SAINTS
    Hmm... not to steal Bruce's thread - but I think the Seahawks might have something to say about that.

Leave a comment:

• Bec1208
    replied

Originally posted by cobblerdave View Post
    Gudday Bruce and Russel
    I spent 2 mths on a ship running out of Hawaii . My American friends tried to teach me the subtleties of American football. I still don't really understand the game, but I understand the passion that Americans have for the game.
    I wonder if Aulburn had won?.........
    Regards dave
    The sun would have risen and Russell's son in law would be a lot happier (and I would be the one doing the shopping). As for myself, I'm old enough and been through enough losses not to over react. Bruce

Leave a comment:

• cobblerdave
    replied

Gudday Bruce and Russel
    I spent 2 mths on a ship running out of Hawaii . My American friends tried to teach me the subtleties of American football. I still don't really understand the game, but I understand the passion that Americans have for the game.
    I wonder if Aulburn had won?.........
    Regards dave

Leave a comment:

• Bec1208
    replied

Dave, you got the sense of it. Game went against expectations and Auburn took an early lead 21-3. Game was 21-10 at the half. Florida State took the lead late in the game. Auburn came back and each team responded when the other scored. Florida State scored with 13 seconds left to take the lead and win the game. The final score was 34-31.

Utah, I pm'ed my address. Auburn played a great game and we were lucky when it counted. Give your son in law a few days and hopefully he will reflect on what a great season Auburn had this year. They played well enough to win the championship, unfortunately for them, they ran out of clock. Bruce

Leave a comment:

• UtahBeehiver
    replied

Hey Bruce,

Well..........I going shopping today to pony up on my bet. Exciting game, lots of what ifs. Great looking pizzas by the way. How about PMing me your address. Really thought Auburn was going to pull in through until the 4th quarter came along. I think my step son is going to be depressed today

Leave a comment:

• brickie in oz
    replied

Give it a rest Dave.
    You know nothing about the sport and you sound stupid for commenting on it.

Leave a comment:

• cobblerdave
    replied

Originally posted by Bec1208 View Post
    Great game. Can't say I wasn't worried. Auburn came ready to play.
    Gudday Bruce
    I gleaned from your comment that Florida won.
    I tried to goggle the results and ended up in a tangle of betting sites till I finally found some articles.
    From what I can see as an Aussie not a all familiar with American football... Aulburn was suppose to come from behind to claw its way back to snatch victory. If fact the reverse happened Florida had to fight it way back to gain victory in the last 19 secs!
    Another said " Aulburn didn't lose the most exciting game of the new century ... They just ran out of time! Laughed at that one.
    Either way it sounded like a very interesting and hard fought game! Seems sport doesn't really change the world over.
    Regards dave

Leave a comment:

• Bec1208
    replied

Great game. Can't say I wasn't worried. Auburn came ready to play.

Leave a comment:

• kbartman
    replied

Originally posted by Bec1208 View Post
    Pizzas are ready, kick off in about 15 minutes.
    Yummy, Go.......Noles

Leave a comment:

• Bec1208
    replied

Pizzas are ready, kick off in about 15 minutes.

Leave a comment:

• Bec1208
    replied

It's going to be cold (for Tallahassee) tonight, low 30's at game time. I will post a few photos tonight. Plan to cook 8 pizzas before the game and reheat as needed. I also plan to prepare an Apple Gallete and serve with vanilla ice cream. Will light up the WFO about 2pm. Bruce

Leave a comment:

• UtahBeehiver
    replied

Your on, how about some pic of your latest creations. I am blue tarped and about a foot of snow on mine but I am getting the bug to do a winter fire. I think can just open up the opening without completely untarping. Seeing all the good food makes the Paslov's dog syndrome kick in.

Leave a comment:

• Gulf
    replied

Originally posted by cobblerdave View Post
    Gudday guys
    Don't know that much about the NFL but I've had a look at what's been written about the game. On paper it seems that Florida is the dominant team by a mile. But if there to be toppled, Aulburn seems have a good chance. Their stats are coming up more than any other team in the NFL. I recon gentlemen, you have a fair bet going, as it could go either way.
    Myself, being an Aussie, would back the underdog, ( except if its England) so it Aulburn by a tight margin.
    Regards dave
    I'm, still going with the SAINTS
    Last edited by Gulf; 01-05-2014, 05:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• cobblerdave
    replied

Gudday guys
    Don't know that much about the NFL but I've had a look at what's been written about the game. On paper it seems that Florida is the dominant team by a mile. But if there to be toppled, Aulburn seems have a good chance. Their stats are coming up more than any other team in the NFL. I recon gentlemen, you have a fair bet going, as it could go either way.
    Myself, being an Aussie, would back the underdog, ( except if its England) so it Aulburn by a tight margin.
    Regards dave

Leave a comment:

• Bec1208
    replied

Okay, looking forward to the game. Working on the dough and prepping toppings this afternoon. Let's set max as $15 before shipping. Bruce

Leave a comment:

Working...
X