• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UtahBeehiver
    replied
    Re: 36" build in Tallahassee - AKA Bruce's Folly

Bruce,

Our bet on for tomorrow, Auburn vs Florida. How abt max $15 and some food or cooking item.....

Leave a comment:

• brickie in oz
    replied

Originally posted by Bec1208 View Post
    Any suggestions out there?
    A silly big chefs hat and an apron, got to keep it fun....

Leave a comment:

• Bec1208
    replied

Sounds fun. We can work out some guidelines regarding value or theme (e.g. food item or cooking related). Any suggestions out there? Bruce

Leave a comment:

• UtahBeehiver
    replied

Hey Bruce,

I guess I have to talk smack with ya, my stepson is at Auburn doing some post grad work. So we need to make a friendly bet, how about a something unique from Utah if you win and something unique from Florida if Auburn wins...........

Leave a comment:

• Bec1208
    replied

Greenman, I do the same thing, I try to make extra (though sometimes my guests see it as a challenge and do their best not to insult be by leaving any leftovers ). We store the pizza in ziplock plastic bags in the fridge. We reheat in the WFO if still hot, otherwise in our toaster oven (never in the microwave).

Originally posted by cobblerdave View Post
    Gudday Bruce
    With all this talk of pizza and food... Now that I have had my evening meal...who won
    Regards dave
    We won 45 to 7 over Duke. We are expected to be playing Auburn for the national championship on Jan 6, 2014. By the way, our woman's soccer team is playing UCLA later today for the national championship in that sport. Also, how did your rugby team finish up? Bruce

Leave a comment:

• cobblerdave
    replied

Gudday Bruce
    With all this talk of pizza and food... Now that I have had my evening meal...who won
    Regards dave

Leave a comment:

• Greenman
    replied

I always make extra and fridge it. The people who have dropped around and ended up with hot pizza in a few minutes from the cooling oven reckon they are streets ahead of the commercial things and enjoy them.

I think they are good for a couple of days in a sealed container if refrigerated but I take cold pizza when I go fishing so the opinion of my guests is probably more reliable.
    Last edited by Greenman; 12-08-2013, 12:51 AM. Reason: detail

Leave a comment:

• cobblerdave
    replied

Gudday
    Love getting up next morning cause I've hidden some pizza in the beer fridge downstairs so the son doesn't find them. A cup of coffee, open the oven door stir any coals up and reheat them on the floor. Can't beat those early mornings.....
    Regards dave

Leave a comment:

• brickie in oz
    replied

Cool, Ive never done a reheat so just wondered how they tasted.

Leave a comment:

• Bec1208
    replied

Brickie, they were easy to reheat and tasted great. Any other ways to deal with this situation?

Leave a comment:

• brickie in oz
    replied

Did they taste alright?
    1 hour from cooking to reheat is not long anyway not like the store bought ones that are weeks old.

Leave a comment:

• Bec1208
    replied

Had friends over for the ACC Championship Game. Our football team, FSU, is ranked #1 and will play for the national championship against the #2ranked team if we win tonight. I cooked the pizzas about an hour before the game and reheated as needed so I could actually watch the game.

Leave a comment:

• cobblerdave
    replied

Gudday
    My breakfast buddies are here again
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1,008.5 KB
ID:	302739
    Regards dave

Leave a comment:

• cobblerdave
    replied

Gudday again

Name:	IMG_0776.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	561.5 KB
ID:	302754

Rear of storm door ( sorry left handed I phone shot so it upside down )
    Basically a piece of ply with an internal aluminium lip that goes into the oven entrance. A piece of 3x4 hardwood to make it more stable at the bottom. The brick is overkill and tends to fall on your foot when removing the door, I'm thinking about that one.
    It appears to be doing the job, we have had a couple of good storms and have only got a little seepage at one corner. Will have to cut a notch in the bottom edge of the aluminum to encourage it to drip on the outside, or perhaps some of that door seal material cause my brickwork ain't the straightest.
    Anyway life a bit busy at the moment so it works and has proved the concept, so I will leave it till after Xmas. That ply will not last to long so I will have to complete it can't just leave it like that cause it works.
    Regards dave
    Last edited by cobblerdave; 12-04-2013, 01:52 PM. Reason: rotate pic

Leave a comment:

• cobblerdave
    replied

Gudday bruce

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	1.11 MB
ID:	302735