Indoor pizza oven feasibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DanielF View Post

Just to clarify, when you say oven size being the diameter of the oven's footprint (in relation to dtermining flue size) are you referring to the inside diameter of the oven?
    Yes it's the inside diameter. The draft ,pull or power of the flue is determined by its diameter and height, the diameter having a stronger effect.
    The flue gallery can be made reasonably shallow if cast in refractory or fabricated in sheet metal. It is extremely difficult, if not impossible, to do this with brick units. Vacuum cleaner heads rely on a similar principle where the width of the entry is wide but quite shallow. This means the area of the intake is about the same as the cross sectional area of the pipe. But for an oven you want the bottom area of the flue gallery quite generous but at the same time quite shallow. Think of a funnel being squashed flat.

Click image for larger version  Name:	P3150871.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	46.3 KB ID:	419996 Click image for larger version  Name:	P3150872.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	41.4 KB ID:	419997

Last edited by david s; 03-14-2020, 10:13 PM.
    Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Alomran View Post
      Would you advise to have a marble platform or a landing plate outside the oven door to use for p[lacing food there?
      If the oven is approx 2m in diameter, adding the smoke chamber which could be around 46cm, won't that be adding more distance between the user and the centre of the oven. Also, The length of pizza peel stick is going to be a problem!
      Marble does not like heat. therefore not an ideal material to put close to the entry. Polished concrete, brick or tiles would be a better option.

Comment

Do you think it is advisable to have a platform outside the door oven given the length of distance it will constitute to the centre of the oven?

Comment

A good solution is to have a flip up stainless shelf attached to the oven. That way you can use the oven both ways. If I get time I can search for a pic of one in a recent build.

Comment

Here you go.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	image1.jpeg
Views:	320
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	420033 Click image for larger version

Name:	image1 2.jpeg
Views:	266
Size:	27.1 KB
ID:	420034
            Last edited by david s; 03-16-2020, 04:13 AM.

Comment

Great idea! Many thanks for taking the trouble to dig the photos. I think I will try to work out the same mechanism if I can find a thick stainless steel

Comment

Working...
              X