portable oven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: portable oven

How's it goin guys, good news! I got the horse box, it will be delivered on monday, just a matter of adapting it to fit the oven and making the oven presentable, getting my insurance and licence. I'm confident ill be up and running in 3 weeks! Fingers. crossed

I don't plan to carry food stuffs or equipment that will come into contact with food in the trailer with the exception of the oven. the trailer is only for the oven and gazebo, everything else will go in the back of the van.

Comment

Gudday
      Will the oven be fitted in the horse float or will you take it out and use it out of the horse float
      Regards dave
      Measure twice
      Cut once
      Fit in position with largest hammer

My Build
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f51/...ild-14444.html
      My Door
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/...ock-17190.html

Comment

Originally posted by cobpaul View Post
        How's it goin guys, good news! I got the horse box, it will be delivered on monday, just a matter of adapting it to fit the oven and making the oven presentable, getting my insurance and licence. I'm confident ill be up and running in 3 weeks! Fingers. crossed

I don't plan to carry food stuffs or equipment that will come into contact with food in the trailer with the exception of the oven. the trailer is only for the oven and gazebo, everything else will go in the back of the van.
        That certainly is good news. It looks like your plans this year will finally come true. I suppose you have to do special wiring harness and hitch or was your van already set up to pull a trailer? Do horse boxes in Ireland have surge or electric brakes?

Comment

Roll on and roll off. The trailer is quite old, so it is the old style breaking system whatever its called. There is a towbar and the van has the loom for the lights

Comment

I have mulled over the advertising options, but i havnt made a decision yet. The magnetic signs are a probability though and i scavenged 2 of those curvy flag pole things. On a previous post you said mikku that people in japan will employ custom, i have noticed that people will gravitate toward stalls when they see other people taking an interest. When I'm up and running hopefully friendswill come and fill this role

Comment

Gudday
              I recon the Whiff of wood smoke, cooking cheese might fit the bill as well
              Regards dave
              Measure twice
              Cut once

My Build
              My Door

Comment

Yeah!! But out of consideration to the other stall holders i hope its not too smokey lol also i feel bad for the other people who are selling snack type food in paticular crepes, they will have to up their game.

Comment

Gudday cobpauls
                  If the ovens properly dry and you only use properly seasoned and dry wood a bit of smoke at flash up that's all.
                  The punters will enjoy the Whiff and I say that again Whiff of woodsmoke. They'll find it appealing not overpowering.
                  There are wood fired ovens at the markets here and they have no problems.
                  Yes I always check them out and see what they are doing but keep my mouth shut and eyes open, I think we all would like to go Pro in our hearts.
                  Regards Dave
                  Measure twice
                  Cut once

My Build
                  My Door

Comment

I have mulled over the advertising options, but i havnt made a decision yet. The magnetic signs are a probability though and i scavenged 2 of those curvy flag pole things. On a previous post you said mikku that people in japan will employ custom, i have noticed that people will gravitate toward stalls when they see other people taking an interest. When I'm up and running hopefully friendswill come and fill this role
                    This was probably one of my deleted posts, but I was commenting on the patience of the Japanese. They will wait in line for anything! They just stand and wait and wait, and wait....this is really true when a new romen restaurant opens...I think it is in their nature to wait in lines (like something they were taught in school!) The remark I made was "if you hired 3 people to start a line" it would just keep growing. I did not intend you to hire anyone but just the idea of it... there could be nothing except a doorway, and if three people started waiting near the doorway--others would get in line just to see what the others were waiting for!

Personally, I do not think you will have any problem attracting customers. You will have an oven with an open fire going---that will attract attention. Then you will be putting things into it and making your specialty---that will attract attention... Then people will be commenting how good your stuff tastes---so that will attract attention. Just hope you bring enough ingredients along to keep up with the demand.

What is the price going to be for a pizza? And what else are you thinking of making?

In Minnesota, we had something called a "pasty"--A small shop in my hometown would make them up with a crust that started at about 8" round but was folded in half with meat, potatoes, onions, carrots, a gravy like substance inside for moisture. They had a hard time keeping up with demand. A normal pasty is usually made in a pie dish- upper and lower crust then filled with the meats and veggies. The whole thing would bake in an oven--then pieces (pie shaped would be cut and served). I've thought of making the rounds- folder over for sale here but would have to adjust the
                    ingredients to the local.

If you want to share a photo of your horse trailer when it arrives, please do so. I think there are a lot of people interested in your progress. cheers!

Comment

Yeah!! But out of consideration to the other stall holders i hope its not too smokey lol also i feel bad for the other people who are selling snack type food in paticular crepes, they will have to up their game.
                      I do a market once a month and I'm acutely aware of the smoke problem. If you are vigilant you can fire the thing virtually smoke free except for the first 5 mins. If the flame dies it will be smokey but you just give it a blast with your blow pipe to restore the flame, otherwise there will be smoke. If you get complaints, and a rival food vendor might easily use that as an excuse if they think you are taking more business than them, then you may be asked to extinguish your fire or not be invited back. I have a removable flue on my oven and extended it with another section so it is now quite high and any smoke is well out of the way. Perhaps you could ask the market organizers to place you in a position where the smoke will not trouble others, the prevailing wind should usually be consistent.
                      Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

No posts for a while, how are things going with your business venture?

Comment

A bit more left to do still but here it is.

Comment

Gudday
                            That is really cool.... The old wheels and stand that really makes it !
                            After a lot of verbal back and forth you have a pizza oven!!!! Congrats
                            Regards dave
                            Measure twice
                            Cut once

My Build
                            My Door

Comment

Thank you Dave, Im looking towards mark II now lol.

Comment

Happy New Year 2014!
                                It is almost a year since you first appeared on Forno Bravo with your oven and business plans! Time really flies and now you are near to achieving your goals! Congratulations!

My project is equally slow in completion--a year in the making as well. Today, first time in a very long time to work on the oven enclosure...began installing "kawara-bo" -- a standing seam roof. Funny thing, before even getting started...someone showed up and wanted to talk politics! Geez Us!!
                                I cannot even vote in this country and the guy wanted my support! Go fish! and it took an hour to get the guy out of my hair...and it was getting dark!

Your oven looks hot! I'm sure you are proud of your work! You should be!

Comment

Working...
                                X