Cut once
    Fit in position with largest hammer

My Build
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f51/...ild-14444.html
    My Door
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/...ock-17190.html

Comment

• Re: My 32" oven build has begun

Sorry Dave but I've been very lazy lately and other than cooking in the oven all I have done is waterproof it.
      I will get around to tiling and rendering it and making a nice garden bed around it but as always finding the time and motivation is a struggle, lol.

Comment

Alright Dave here it is not much has changed with a few things still needed to be done before I can say it's finished. The tiles you can see are just sitting there for effect nothing else. They still need to be glued down and maybe stained a more red/brown color as I believe the orange and black don't suit.

It's not the best pic but I promise I'll take better ones soon.

Comment

Looking good Oscar, how do you find the 6" flue, does it handle the smoke ok?
          The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Thanks Al

The Flue is a little small and if I had to do it over again I'll go 8". I'm not sure what I was thinking getting the 6" as it should of been a no brainer. Go larger and play it safe rather save a few $$$ and gamble it'll be alright. You can see from the pics the bricks are stained as about 20-30% of the smoke goes over them but once the oven is hot the flue seems to cope.
            I'm really enjoying cooking in it and I'm about to do my second roast pork tonight. Hopefully it turns out better than my first attempt.

Dinner tonight will be roast pork, Garlic prawns, chicken wingets (buffalo wings) roast potatoes in foil and chorizo in terracotta pots with olive oil (Spanish salami) and it's proper chorizo not the garbage Woolworths sells.
            Have a few friends over tonight so I can't stuff this up or it'll be KFC.

Comment

Originally posted by OscarA View Post
              Dinner tonight will be roast pork, Garlic prawns, chicken wingets (buffalo wings) roast potatoes in foil and chorizo in terracotta pots with olive oil (Spanish salami) and it's proper chorizo not the garbage Woolworths sells.
              Have a few friends over tonight so I can't stuff this up or it'll be KFC.
              Sounds delish, what was your address again?

My Build.

Books.

Comment

VIP members only tonight

Comment

Have a good night, you already sound excited.
                  We will of course expect some piccies tomorrow..

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Piccies, Hmm alright everyone will think I'm crazy taking pics of food but that's ok. If the pics are blurred it's because the Beez Neez Matilda beer I'm drinking has done it's job.

Comment

Thats ok Oscar, we are all nuts here, nuts about our ovens and the fine food they pump out.....

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Last nights food was a success but for a short time I thought it was going to be a failure. I worked yesterday so the oven was lit at 3.30pm which is later than I would have liked. Because of the short heat time I had a larger fire than normal and was surprised that within 1.5 to 2 hrs the oven was already cleared and reaching temps up to and over 550c in places. The floor was around 480c so she was hot. At 5.30 I let the fire die down and by 6.30 the oven floor was still hovering over 350c. I couldn't wait any longer as the pork will take 90mins to cook and guests were about to arrive so reluctantly the pork went in. Within 15-20min it was already nice and brown so out came the foil and I wrapped it up and placed it back in. I placed the door on and after 10-15min the oven cooking thermostat was showing 280c so off came the door to let it cool down then after about 10mins the door would go back on. I kept doing this for about an hour until the oven temp became more stable. I think the last reading I took had it at 230c so the door stayed on for the last 30-45mins of cooking.
                        The crackle was crisp the pork juicy and tender and everyone raved so I was happy. You can see by the pic it does look a little burnt but believe me it was the best tasting juiciest pork I've had in a long time.
                        The chicken wingets were a hit as were the garlic prawns. Unfortunately the chorizo was last and everyone was full so there was left overs but still tasty.
                        I threw a few more pieces of wood in after the pork to recharge the oven so to speak as I found the chicken wings and prawns were taking a little linger to cook than I was happy with.

Here are a few pics. Some are a little blurred but that's the poor lighting not the beer.

Comment

Nice one......

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Seeing all that food makes me want to get back to work on mine!
                            Looks delicious!
                            Jeff
                            My 42-inch build

Comment

Thanks PizzaIdiot and Al

PizzaIdiot I was the same I would go weeks without doing anything to the oven and all it would take to motivate me was spending a few minutes on this site. looking at peoples cooking achievements is a great motivator.
                              Karangi Dude kitchen thread is a classic if you haven't seen it it's a must see.

Comment

Gudday Oscar
                                Sorry about being slack in getting back to you...
                                Ovens working a treat it seems and you have the roast pork down to a fine art. Don't worry about the flue size mines 2/12 bricks long and 3/4 wide and I still get smoke stain at start up...whatha... it a wood fired oven I got over the smoke stains ages ago.

Regards Dave
                                Measure twice
                                Cut once
                                Fit in position with largest hammer

My Build
                                http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f51/...ild-14444.html
                                My Door
                                http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/...ock-17190.html

Comment

Working...
                                X