Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

May be starting my 42" Pompeii in NYC this week...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: May be starting my 42" Pompeii in NYC this week...

Cut it from both sides.. I was able to do this on a 9inch drop saw, im sure it can be done on a 10inch brick saw.

Its up to you.. your design, if your happy.. go for it.. !

Comment

It looks good so far, and I'm sure you will gain confidence as you go along.
      Lee B.
      DFW area, Texas, USA

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is Here.

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.

Comment

NYC, I had the same delema with cutting tapers. I wound up renting a 14" dry-cut block saw for a few hours and made my arch cuts. It cost me about $30. It was worth it, as my attempts on my 10" wet saw were throw-aways. Do wear a respirator if you go this route, and note that whatever is downwind of the saw will get a nice coat of brick dust .

gene

Comment

My cutting area is already covered in fireclay from all the cutting. Hopefully a good rain will clear it up.

I have access to any tool as I have friends in every field of construction. I just don't like big heavy saws. I already took a small chunk out of my pinky last week when I slipped on a brick with the angle grinder.

Only worked on it an hour today.

Last edited by NYC; 08-31-2011, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Ouch! I did that once with a planer. Fortunately my finger recovered .
            I usually wear gloves for that very reason whenever I use any type of power tool. You can always clamp the brick in place to keep your hands away from the saw blade should you chose to try the 14" saw. I used a clamp and it worked fine.

gene

Comment

Real men wear eye protection and gloves....

Afterall, how macho is a guy with 1 eye and 3 fingers :P

Comment

Originally posted by NYC View Post
                I already took a small chunk out of my pinky last week when I slipped on a brick with the angle grinder.
                We need pics.....
                The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

I wear eye pro and a mask but the gloves limit the ability to work with finger tips. I did put them on after taping my finger. This is 10 days after the injury.

Comment

Ouch! But, it could have been worse.... :/
                    Lee B.
                    DFW area, Texas, USA

Comment

Its just a flesh wound....

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Originally posted by brickie in oz View Post
                        Its just a flesh wound....
                        From Monty Python, no doubt LOL
                        Lee B.
                        DFW area, Texas, USA

Comment

Yes, Ive been a Python fan since I was a boy....

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Got in another hour tonight before the sun went down.

Comment

Originally posted by NYC View Post
                              Got in another hour tonight before the sun went down.

Great build so far and you are moving at warp factor 10 (compared to me)
                              If my wife sees you are done before me, I'll NEVER hear the end of it!
                              John
                              Build Thread:http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/i...ome-15521.html
                              Photos: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/brick-...67884/pic/list
                              Oven Blog: http://johns-brickoven.blogspot.com/...ven-folly.html

Comment

Finished chain 5 this morning. How many chains total in a 42"?

Comment

Working...
                                X