Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

May be starting my 42" Pompeii in NYC this week...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: May be starting my 42" Pompeii in NYC this week...

Did half the inside with heatstop I mixed and then asked him to mix me more and he used the wrong bag so the other half is Portland. I hope it doesn't flake onto the pizza. I won't be able to fit in there once I build a landing to regrout.

Comment

Originally posted by NYC View Post
      I hope it doesn't flake onto the pizza. I won't be able to fit in there once I build a landing to regrout.
      A couple of decent fires before a pizza night will get rid of it.
      The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

I got a center ceiling height of 21 and an inner arch opening of 13.5". I'm not a small guy and knew I'd need the extra inch in arch to get my body inside. I'm at around 64% ratio. Is it OK?

Comment

Another question. Trying to order the ceramic blanket here and it only allows me to select an air shipping method which is over $300 for shipping. No ground shipping available?

Comment

Originally posted by NYC View Post
            I got a center ceiling height of 21 and an inner arch opening of 13.5". I'm not a small guy and knew I'd need the extra inch in arch to get my body inside. I'm at around 64% ratio. Is it OK?
            Mine ended up at 63 percent. Really doubt it will make any difference between that and 67... Still gets hot and makes perfect pizzas!!

Comment

NYC, I sent you a private message. Faith

Comment

I had the same issue, the default shipping method for 3 blankets switched to 2 day Air (I live just east of Washington,DC) so the website told me $560 shipping costs, if you call they can do better, it's some weird quirk with the website.

Comment

Hi guys, have not touched the oven since last fall and this week picked up where we left off and in the last 3 days with the help of two friends got all the brick veneer and chimney done along with dome insulation. Hope to finish this tomorrow.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Todays progress saw the end of the brick work. Now doing the granite ledge around the dome. Photos so far.

Comment

AWESOME brick work really looks great

Comment

Originally posted by DTHERR View Post
                              Let me echo that! That "look" for the dome is exactly why I couldn't go the full enclosure route .
                              Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Originally posted by DTHERR View Post
                                I agree!
                                Lee B.
                                DFW area, Texas, USA

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is Here.

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.

Comment

Working...
                                X