• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cobblerdave
    replied
    Re: Mississippi 44"

Originally posted by UtahBeehiver View Post
    Dave,

That I will. I am sure the poor production has to be due to my soil. Must be also low a calcium, see a lot of blossom end rot. But enough to eat just not enough to make pizza sauce. Gulf and my seeds are from the same lot and his plants are giagantic!
    Gudday
    Veg that produce leaf and root crops enjoy nitrogen fertilizer . Those that flower and fruit need more potash to increase the fruit. The WFO ash is great on tomatoes and the charcoal is a great soil conditioner. It also is great for mulch heaps as it balance the tendancy to get to acid a conditions and the microbs work better
    Regards dave

Leave a comment:

• UtahBeehiver
    replied

Mr. C,

Cute teenagers............

Leave a comment:

• UtahBeehiver
    replied

Dave,

That I will. I am sure the poor production has to be due to my soil. Must be also low a calcium, see a lot of blossom end rot. But enough to eat just not enough to make pizza sauce. Gulf and my seeds are from the same lot and his plants are giagantic!

Leave a comment:

• cobblerdave
    replied

I guess my plants are the runt of the liter............
    Gudday
    The best tomatoes of your lot, don't eat them, save the seeds, then you will eventually get the stock that best suits your conditions
    Regards dave

Leave a comment:

• mrchipster
    replied

This will be #4 of the SM's more to come we are going to have a hot week here.

The one with the spot does not count unless it will be good for sauce.

Leave a comment:

• UtahBeehiver
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Les
    replied

PS the wife just saw your tomato pics and just laughed and went in the other room, so much for my gardening technique/skills.
    It's not you Russell, it's where you are living. When we lived in San Jose you could throw a seed in the ground and you would have to jump back (EVERYTHING grew). My wife struggles every year; somethings do well, most don't. Her tomato plants are not doing squat this year. Gulf lives in Miss - his plants will hide an abandoned car in a week.

Leave a comment:

• mrchipster
    replied

Some more wallet photos, some of them are over 4 inches long.

Leave a comment:

• UtahBeehiver
    replied

Gulf,

You would make Annie, from the NorthWest, proud with your scrounging skills...........
    Last edited by UtahBeehiver; 08-12-2013, 02:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• UtahBeehiver
    replied

Gulf,

OMG, those SM tomatoes are three time the size of mine and to think they came from the same seeds............

PS the wife just saw your tomato pics and just laughed and went in the other room, so much for my gardening technique/skills. I am going to save some seeds to try again next year.
    Last edited by UtahBeehiver; 08-11-2013, 06:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Gulf
    replied

Mr. C posted pics of his babies, where are Gulf's and Tu's?? Quote robbed from Russell's thread

Leave a comment:

• Kurtloup
    replied

Nice repurpose.

Leave a comment:

• Gulf
    replied

I was able to grout/tuck point my face dome brick joint this weekend. Finished pics to follow later.
    I was also able to start on the something in the wood wood storage area that I have been planning for some time.

Several years ago an old friend (who lives in town) told me that he had some rebar and 6" mesh wire that he really needed to get out of his way. So on a scrounging run, I showed up with my pickup and 16 foot trailer. Along with the steel he loaded my as up with every thing thing that he did not want to pay to have hauled off. Oh well , that is just part of the game! One of the items was an old 16 foot garage door and all of the hardware. Most of that has been put to other uses except for the track and rollers. They will now be re-purposed for a slide out drawer for the wood storage area .

Leave a comment:

• stonecutter
    replied

Wood fired therapy is good to ease the troubled mind and masonry good for the soul.

Leave a comment:

• stonecutter
    replied

Nice one. I come from a shooting family, but my brother took it to the next couple levels.

Dave Sevigny

Leave a comment:

Working...
X