Mississippi 44"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Mississippi 44"

What type of Rattler is that? I was going to say, Diamond back, but its not.

Comment

holy !@#@!%$# we dont have those rodents here!! good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Laurentius View Post
        What type of Rattler is that? I was going to say, Diamond back, but its not.
        Eastern Diamond Back, Timber Rattler, and Ground Rattler are all found in South Mississippi. The markings don't exactly match any of the them, though it did have five rattles and a button . In this ones present "state" we just call it a "good" snake.
        Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

That must have been a junky mortar hoe from harbor freight. Get one of these for mortar and one of these for snakes.....problem solved.
          Old World Stone & Garden

Current WFO build - Dry Stone Base & Gothic Vault

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
          John Ruskin

Comment

Originally posted by stonecutter View Post
            That must have been a junky mortar hoe from harbor freight. Get one of these for mortar and one of these for snakes.....problem solved.
            Well actually Stonecutter,
            I had not even heard of Harbor Freight when I bought that ho. But I've picked up a couple of cheaper ones since then that I would just as soon that my wife did not find out about .
            Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Actually, Jackson makes a decent mortar hoe, and they are at big box stores. I hear they do a number on snakes too.
              Old World Stone & Garden

John Ruskin

Comment

Originally posted by stonecutter View Post
                Actually, Jackson makes a decent mortar hoe, and they are at big box stores. I hear they do a number on snakes too.
                Thanks for the advice Stonecutter,
                But, I think that I can heat the neck of my mortar hoe and straighten it out without breaking it. I have recently reinstated my walking stick"a (9 and 1/2 " Ruger Black Hawk) as my current weapon of choice for critters . In my hand, at close range, it feels like it is a handle and a half longer than a hoe .

Comment

Nice one. I come from a shooting family, but my brother took it to the next couple levels.

Dave Sevigny
                  Old World Stone & Garden

John Ruskin

Comment

Wood fired therapy is good to ease the troubled mind and masonry good for the soul.
                    Old World Stone & Garden

John Ruskin

Comment

I was able to grout/tuck point my face dome brick joint this weekend. Finished pics to follow later.
                      I was also able to start on the something in the wood wood storage area that I have been planning for some time.

Several years ago an old friend (who lives in town) told me that he had some rebar and 6" mesh wire that he really needed to get out of his way. So on a scrounging run, I showed up with my pickup and 16 foot trailer. Along with the steel he loaded my as up with every thing thing that he did not want to pay to have hauled off. Oh well , that is just part of the game! One of the items was an old 16 foot garage door and all of the hardware. Most of that has been put to other uses except for the track and rollers. They will now be re-purposed for a slide out drawer for the wood storage area .

Comment

Nice repurpose.

Comment

Originally posted by UtahBeehiver View Post
                          Mr. C posted pics of his babies, where are Gulf's and Tu's?? Quote robbed from Russell's thread

Comment

Gulf,

OMG, those SM tomatoes are three time the size of mine and to think they came from the same seeds............

PS the wife just saw your tomato pics and just laughed and went in the other room, so much for my gardening technique/skills. I am going to save some seeds to try again next year.
                            Last edited by UtahBeehiver; 08-11-2013, 06:50 PM.
                            Russell
                            Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Gulf,

You would make Annie, from the NorthWest, proud with your scrounging skills...........
                              Last edited by UtahBeehiver; 08-12-2013, 02:09 PM.
                              Russell
                              Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Some more wallet photos, some of them are over 4 inches long.
                                Chip

Comment

Working...
                                X