X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mrchipster
    replied
    Re: Wood Fired Beehive in Utah

Our SM tomatoes are about the same size.

Your oven is looking great.

Chip

Leave a comment:

• Greenman
    replied

That looks great Russell. Looking forward to watching the copper shingles take shape.'

Cheers .......... Steve

Leave a comment:

• dvm
    replied

Looking Good! I see your Steam Port has been preserved - well played.

Leave a comment:

• Gulf
    replied

Russell, the oven progress looks great! Your maters' cousins in MS are at about he same stage .

Leave a comment:

• UtahBeehiver
    replied

Continue to slowly putt along working on the WFO. Finished the brown coat as my base for the copper shingles. Now the tedious stuff starts. Picked up a 48" sheet metal brake to help make the shingles. Going to let the brown coat dry a week before starting the shingle work. Also, my small but happy San Marzano tomatos grown from seed are doing fine.

Leave a comment:

• oasiscdm
    replied

Chip

Haven't started yet. Just think of each end, folding up, then legs drop down.

Leave a comment:

• mrchipster
    replied

Originally posted by oasiscdm View Post
    Hey Dennis

I'm tackling that too once yard is finished. making the boards across the top and down each end. That section will fold up to allow each end to extend with another section folding down to create legs for the extension so it can sit 12-16. building a single bench seat to slip in underneath. only need one seat as I am building seats into the wall structure. All in stainless and some nice decking board.
    Sounds like an interesting design, I would love to see a drawing or photos of the progress.

Chip

Leave a comment:

• oasiscdm
    replied

Originally posted by deejayoh View Post
    Looks good. Better welding than I was able manage, that is for sure!

I'm tackling stainless with my next project - a patio dining table
    [ATTACH]35951[/ATTACH]
    Hey Dennis

I'm tackling that too once yard is finished. making the boards across the top and down each end. That section will fold up to allow each end to extend with another section folding down to create legs for the extension so it can sit 12-16. building a single bench seat to slip in underneath. only need one seat as I am building seats into the wall structure. All in stainless and some nice decking board.

Leave a comment:

• V-wiz
    replied

Lol good one guys

Leave a comment:

• mrchipster
    replied

Originally posted by UtahBeehiver
    Mr. Chip/V,

Thanks,

I could probably save a few ounces but I am afraid I would just butcher the fine work of the welder. I will just have to hoist a few more beers to get the arms in shape to lift the door.
    And some fine work it is, my insulated door weighs in at 17 lbs and I find that a beer or two lubricates the arms just enough to make it slide in and out easier.

Chip

Leave a comment:

• mrchipster
    replied

Originally posted by V-wiz View Post
    Nice door Russ, the detail looks great, the flanges may have just been extra weight that you could have avoided, the door should stay put by itself ? Atleast mine does
    Russ, beautiful door. You should be proud.

They would be easy to grind off or just leave some tabs (legs) at two places in front and back. That is what I did with my blast door because it is just a sheet and has no real thickness.

Chip

Leave a comment:

• V-wiz
    replied

Nice door Russ, the detail looks great, the flanges may have just been extra weight that you could have avoided, the door should stay put by itself ? Atleast mine does

Leave a comment:

• deejayoh
    replied

Looks good. Better welding than I was able manage, that is for sure!

I'm tackling stainless with my next project - a patio dining table
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Table full.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	7.9 KB
ID:	294876

Leave a comment:

• Les
    replied

Looks pretty nice Russell. The way it's constructed and insulated should work extremely well.

Leave a comment:

• UtahBeehiver
    replied

Worked on the door for the oven, wish I could take credit for the welding but SS is way above my pay grade. I did the layout, but a one of my employees did the welding, I guess he is going to get a great review this year! I added the Fu dog to the door and right now urethaning some handles made from some wild cherry limbs I scrounge during one of our last wind storms. The middle section is stuffed with ceramic fiber left over from the build. I put some bottom flanges on the bottom so the door is self standing.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X