Wood Fired Beehive in Utah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wood Fired Beehive in Utah

The green apple quick step is never fun. Nice work with that insulation layer!
    Last edited by stonecutter; 05-14-2013, 08:42 PM.
    Old World Stone & Garden

Current WFO build - Dry Stone Base & Gothic Vault

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
    John Ruskin

Comment

Nice! We were in a house just north of TS. Went to Cerritos for a day. Fun place.

I used stone/tile adhesive from Home Despot for my stone veneer. Seems to be holding up just fine.
      My build progress
      My WFO Journal on Facebook
      My dome spreadsheet calculator

Comment

Worked on the door for the oven, wish I could take credit for the welding but SS is way above my pay grade. I did the layout, but a one of my employees did the welding, I guess he is going to get a great review this year! I added the Fu dog to the door and right now urethaning some handles made from some wild cherry limbs I scrounge during one of our last wind storms. The middle section is stuffed with ceramic fiber left over from the build. I put some bottom flanges on the bottom so the door is self standing.
        Russell
        Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Looks pretty nice Russell. The way it's constructed and insulated should work extremely well.
          Check out my pictures here:
          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

Looks good. Better welding than I was able manage, that is for sure!

I'm tackling stainless with my next project - a patio dining table
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Table full.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	7.9 KB
ID:	294876
            My build progress
            My WFO Journal on Facebook
            My dome spreadsheet calculator

Comment

Nice door Russ, the detail looks great, the flanges may have just been extra weight that you could have avoided, the door should stay put by itself ? Atleast mine does
              Matthew 19:26. With God all things are possible.

My Build: http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f21/...les-18741.html

Comment

Originally posted by V-wiz View Post
                Nice door Russ, the detail looks great, the flanges may have just been extra weight that you could have avoided, the door should stay put by itself ? Atleast mine does
                Russ, beautiful door. You should be proud.

They would be easy to grind off or just leave some tabs (legs) at two places in front and back. That is what I did with my blast door because it is just a sheet and has no real thickness.

Chip
                Chip

Comment

Originally posted by UtahBeehiver
                  Mr. Chip/V,

Thanks,

I could probably save a few ounces but I am afraid I would just butcher the fine work of the welder. I will just have to hoist a few more beers to get the arms in shape to lift the door.
                  And some fine work it is, my insulated door weighs in at 17 lbs and I find that a beer or two lubricates the arms just enough to make it slide in and out easier.

Chip
                  Chip

Comment

Lol good one guys
                    Matthew 19:26. With God all things are possible.

My Build: http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f21/...les-18741.html

Comment

Originally posted by deejayoh View Post
                      Looks good. Better welding than I was able manage, that is for sure!

I'm tackling stainless with my next project - a patio dining table
                      [ATTACH]35951[/ATTACH]
                      Hey Dennis

I'm tackling that too once yard is finished. making the boards across the top and down each end. That section will fold up to allow each end to extend with another section folding down to create legs for the extension so it can sit 12-16. building a single bench seat to slip in underneath. only need one seat as I am building seats into the wall structure. All in stainless and some nice decking board.
                      Cheers Colin

My Build - Index to Major Build Stages

Comment

Originally posted by oasiscdm View Post
                        Hey Dennis

I'm tackling that too once yard is finished. making the boards across the top and down each end. That section will fold up to allow each end to extend with another section folding down to create legs for the extension so it can sit 12-16. building a single bench seat to slip in underneath. only need one seat as I am building seats into the wall structure. All in stainless and some nice decking board.
                        Sounds like an interesting design, I would love to see a drawing or photos of the progress.

Chip
                        Chip

Comment

Chip

Haven't started yet. Just think of each end, folding up, then legs drop down.
                          Cheers Colin

My Build - Index to Major Build Stages

Comment

Continue to slowly putt along working on the WFO. Finished the brown coat as my base for the copper shingles. Now the tedious stuff starts. Picked up a 48" sheet metal brake to help make the shingles. Going to let the brown coat dry a week before starting the shingle work. Also, my small but happy San Marzano tomatos grown from seed are doing fine.
                            Russell
                            Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Russell, the oven progress looks great! Your maters' cousins in MS are at about he same stage .
                              Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Looking Good! I see your Steam Port has been preserved - well played.
                                dvm

My road to pizza is documented here:
                                http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f21/...ome-17755.html
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X