My 40" Inch pizza oven in Florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: My 40" Inch pizza oven in Florida

Would butter or lard be acceptable or would it create a cholesterol problem?

Chris

Comment

Gudday
      Sorry above my pay grade .....please consult your physician

Regards dave
      Measure twice
      Cut once
      Fit in position with largest hammer

My Build
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f51/...ild-14444.html
      My Door
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/...ock-17190.html

Comment

And dont forget the Vegemite.....
        The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

I think I'm going to stay cholesterol free on this build. Although it sticks to the veins, I don't think it would contribute very well to any bonding characteristics the fire clay may have.

What do you think of a teaspoon of fire clay in our morning coffee? ???. What lard may do to the fireclay, just might have the same effect on the cholesterol???..Look all the money we would save on our Lipitor?

As per FB spec sheet, I think a little water on the CB will do the trick.
          Respectfully,

KB

My build
          Oven Pics (album under construction)

Comment

Ok guys I really value everyone’s opinion I appreciate all the help. I have the next 4 days off and hope to get a lot accomplished. Today’s goal is set the floor on sand fire clay and start the first courses of brick.

Originally posted by deejayoh View Post
            I assume you mean depth? you want it to project maybe an inch beyond your dome at the bottom. At the top it will probably be 3-4 inches.

Once you set where you want the face of the arch to be, that dictates the depth if you are building it the way Russel, John, Amac, myself and others did.
            [ATTACH]34866[/ATTACH]
            Deejayoh, I really like the photo of your inner arch. Looking at the photo it looks like the first 3 courses and were laid then the arc of the dome began. Does the spread sheet incorporate your initial wedge?

I attach dome calculator spread sheets:

The first is a 2.5” soldier, my original thoughts.

The second is 6.5” soldier my perception of yours.

Did I put the data in correctly?

The length of the IT and dome height changed. Could I still keep my original dome height the same, or would that complicate things?
            Attached Files
            Last edited by kbartman; 04-19-2013, 11:23 AM. Reason: bad grammer
            Respectfully,

KB

My build

Comment

Butter was not an option after the heavy rains last night. Had a pretty successful day, set the oven floor and lay the first course…….My first attempt on the oven floor was not to my standards, tried sand fireclay with notched trowel…….unsuccessful…… tried for the consistency of thin set ……. The ceramic Fiber board could not handle the notched trowel. Unable to level floor do to the ceramic fiber breaking up as notched trowel spread fire clay. The ceramic fiber board purchased from FB has some inconsistencies in thickness. After trying a notched trowel approach…….. Decided to spread fireclay no sand on all joints to the level out inconsistences. Used flat trowel to spread fireclay and level as needed..... Worked pretty good ………..floor turned out ok but….next time I will spend the extra money and purchase a high quality board........... I was tempted to place a ?” layer of Hardee board to deal with the inconsistencies of the cheap board.I was wondering if someone had tried that. The spec sheets For Hardee board says it is flame retardant.

Attached some pics of the progress.
              Feel free to post I need the help.

Ps
              night fall has arrived
              Last edited by kbartman; 04-20-2013, 06:38 AM.
              Respectfully,

KB

My build

Comment

For next time....It is much easier to screed the sand/fireclay mixture and get a very flat surface than to hand trowel...unless you have a lot of experience.
                Old World Stone & Garden

Current WFO build - Dry Stone Base & Gothic Vault

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
                John Ruskin

Comment

Originally posted by kbartman View Post
                  The ceramic Fiber board
                  Wont it compress with the oven weight?

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Thanks for the advice.

My experience with notched trowel and thin set was on ceramic flooring on a bath room remodel. Worked out much better. I considered pouring and screeding, but did not want to lose my layout lines.

Brickie not sure what you’re asking. Compression of the fiber board is a concern of my. I just hope everything compresses evenly. I already have uneven compression in the oven landing, and somewhat of a crown in the oven floor as the weight of the dome walls grow. I think something as firm and as flat as Hardee board would allow a more even compression.

When researching Ceramic fiber board I found a product made by Unifrax, much denser board and precisely flat. Next time I'll spend the extra money. I just hope floor failure and dome cracking do to compression, is not in my future.

Thanks all,
                    Keep posting
                    Respectfully,

KB

My build

Comment

I already have uneven compression in the oven landing, and somewhat of a crown in the oven floor as the weight of the dome walls grow.
                      As they say here, bugger. Its already compressing, not sure how much it will compress.
                      I thought ceramic fibre board was only good for hot face work with no load.

How far have you got with the oven?

My Build.

Books.

Comment

I just hope everything compresses evenly. I already have uneven compression in the oven landing, and somewhat of a crown in the oven floor as the weight of the dome walls grow. I think something as firm and as flat as Hardee board would allow a more even compression.
                        This is not a good that this is happening and you haven't topped out yet. I am wondering how high you are as well.
                        Old World Stone & Garden

Current WFO build - Dry Stone Base & Gothic Vault

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
                        John Ruskin

Comment

I only have the floor set and mortared the 1st course. I than temporarily placed four more courses full bricks on top to check if compression continued. I’ll check this morning and see how much more it has compressed. Spec attached
                          Attached Files
                          Respectfully,

KB

My build

Comment

Originally posted by brickie in oz View Post
                            As they say here, bugger. Its already compressing, not sure how much it will compress.
                            I thought ceramic fibre board was only good for hot face work with no load.

How far have you got with the oven?
                            Originally posted by stonecutter View Post
                            This is not a good that this is happening and you haven't topped out yet. I am wondering how high you are as well.
                            Here is the text from the fb plans saying the oven is set on the board.

I need a warm fat fuzzy from those whom used the fb plans and set the WFO on the fiber board.

Please help
                            Attached Files
                            Respectfully,

KB

My build

Comment

I need a warm fat fuzzy from those whom used the fb plans and set the WFO on the fiber board.

Please help

Sorry, no warm fuzzy feelings to offer.
                              The FB board means Forno Bravo board which is actually a Calcium Silicate board and doesnt compress nearly as much as Ceramic Fibre board.
                              Ceramic Fibre board will compress to nearly nothing with enough weight and time.

Just as well I saw that you had problems before you got too far.
                              I know its a bummer but better to rebuild it now than in 2 months time.
                              Last edited by brickie in oz; 04-20-2013, 02:37 PM.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Well made some progress today and gave myself a warm fuzzy. Decided to trust the FB plans......all looks well thus far, set the second course and everything is getting sturdy and found no further compression.

I soaked bricks and covered with plastic this allowed repair of any cracks and separations in the first course..... all seems stable at this point.

I knew the” Anglealizer” would come in handy, money well spent.

Notice the packing foam for the joint. This should keep all crap and mortar out of joint between the floor and oven wall.

Incorporated fiber ceramic band to allow for floor expansion keeping ash out and hopefully will prevent dome wall cracks.
                                Respectfully,

KB

My build

Comment

Working...
                                X