X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: My 40" Inch pizza oven in Florida

Originally posted by stonecutter View Post
    Ummm....stone.
    I would like stone but I'm trying to keep cost down.

Today I'm building the forms for the chimney arches. I hope to make some much needed progress. August get together planned
    Respectfully,

KB

My build
    Oven Pics (album under construction)

Comment

KB

Nice dome, seems there are a few finishing presently. It looks great, nice tight fitting bricks.

Must ask where's the head in the oven photo. I'm told it is a ritual.

next photo posted must be the body in the oven shot.
      Cheers Colin

My Build - Index to Major Build Stages

Comment

Originally posted by oasiscdm View Post
        KB

Nice dome, seems there are a few finishing presently. It looks great, nice tight fitting bricks.

Must ask where's the head in the oven photo. I'm told it is a ritual.

next photo posted must be the body in the oven shot.
        Thanks Colin,

This is purely ritualistic. I crawled back in , I didn?t get any pictures when setting the keystone and cleaning the inside of dome, I was scared then and only put one arm and head in. This time it?s official, both arms.

Finished the outer arch chimney support form today, and bought some insulating brick to set the arches on.
        Respectfully,

KB

My build

Comment

I got a little accomplished today.......I set the form, it took awhile the face of my inner arch was tilted so it made leveling and squaring difficult.

I also cut some brick and did some dry fitting. I'm beginning to realize the cost of my cut to fit approach, aka. "Geometry for dummies". I'm just wore out my fourth blade. I hope just one more at the $60 bucks a pop, although I should return my buddy his saw with a new one on it.
          Respectfully,

KB

My build

Comment

What are the dimensions of the entry? Looks like about 22" wide and maybe 16" high. No guess as to how deep. Glad you are ahead of me in your build as I have learned a great deal following your thread. Bruce
            Link to my build here:
            http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f6/3...lly-19181.html

Check out my pictures here:

Selected pictures of the build.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1168565...g&noredirect=1

sigpic “In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.” ― Albert Einstein

Comment

Hi KB

I am curious to how you are doing your arch. You said on my thread that you are doing yours straight but maximizing the reveal.

Can you describe yours maybe include measurements. How deep, then again I could wait for more pictures.

I was thinking if I don't flare mine of running mine around the inner arch with a gap between it and the outer structure.
              Cheers Colin

Comment

Originally posted by Bec1208 View Post
                What are the dimensions of the entry? Looks like about 22" wide and maybe 16" high. No guess as to how deep. Glad you are ahead of me in your build as I have learned a great deal following your thread. Bruce
                Hi KB

I am curious to how you are doing your arch. You said on my thread that you are doing yours straight but maximizing the reveal.

Can you describe yours maybe include measurements. How deep, then again I could wait for more pictures.

I was thinking if I don't flare mine of running mine around the inner arch with a gap between it and the outer structure.
                Ok guys these ain't no CAD drawings, although they are one step above a paper napkins. :

K79 is probably laughing is his boots right now .............. Hope this helps and you can make them out.
                Respectfully,

KB

My build

Comment

KB,
                  I think that I see what you are designing. It will work fine if you slide the vent opening forward. In my opinion (with a heat-break) the arch needs to be completed front and back to be structurally sound.
                  I may be a little off in my reasoning, so some "dry stacked pics" might help .
                  Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

thanks KB

perfectly clear. Wanted to know if rear of brick was rebated around inner arch. Did you follow the curve. How high before your glue transition and will you do it like sharkey did his.
                    Cheers Colin

Comment

Originally posted by Gulf View Post
                      KB,
                      I think that I see what you are designing. It will work fine if you slide the vent opening forward. In my opinion (with a heat-break) the arch needs to be completed front and back to be structurally sound.
                      I may be a little off in my reasoning, so some "dry stacked pics" might help .
                      Gulf,
                      I'll try to post more dry stack later, the vent transition will have a complete arch on both sides. Moving the vent towards the rear allows the needed 4" for chimney wrap around flue.
                      thanks KB

perfectly clear. Wanted to know if rear of brick was rebated around inner arch. Did you follow the curve. How high before your glue transition and will you do it like sharkey did his.
                      Colin,
                      Yes the rear brick will be have a 1" inch overlap and a 1 1/2" into the reveal leaving a 3" reveal. There will be a 1/2" thermal gap which will be filled with fiber rope and sealer. I will have to look at sharkey's to see what he did. I did follow the curve.
                      Last edited by kbartman; 06-30-2013, 08:24 PM.
                      Respectfully,

KB

My build

Comment

Hi KB

Might wait for your dry stack to get a better idea. eg. will have complete arch on both sides.

To get the vent curve Sharkey has on his vent I was looking at reversing arch bricks, someone else did this but I cannot remember who that might have been.
                        Cheers Colin

Comment

Originally posted by kbartman View Post
                          Wow!!!
                          Very impressived a flared entry at rocket speed. Congratulations on closing the dome ......Where is your ritualistic pictures? Must post your head in the oven I?m told.
                          Originally posted by jbruning View Post
                          Photos of the vent/entry construction.

Colin, check out jbruning's thread, done a flared entry.
                          Respectfully,

KB

My build

Comment

Hey those look pretty good to me.
                            Link to my oven build on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ujb7lqVcSzQ

Comment

Originally posted by K79 View Post
                              Hey those look pretty good to me.
                              I wish I had CAD....and the pizza coming out your oven

Ok guys, hope this gives you a little better idea of what I am trying to accomplish. The vent offset looked better on paper, what you all think?
                              Respectfully,

KB

My build

Comment

I'd use the next brick course to get an offset. Seems like that would make it easier to get the mortar right.
                                My build progress
                                My WFO Journal on Facebook
                                My dome spreadsheet calculator

Comment

Working...
                                X