My first attempt for 42" oven / changed to 36"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George,

Sorry for the late reply. Some start the chimney directly on top of the arch. Or, at least with what few courses it takes to level off on top of the arch. However, it is a bonus for draw, if there is a funnel shaped smoke chamber to gradually transition from the outer vent arch to the 6" round ID of your chimney. The more gradual this transition the better. For an oven the size of yours, I would guess that 5 to 6 courses of brick above your vent arch should be about right to accomplish this.

Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

• George, check out some of the pics in my build thread. I went two courses above the arch before attaching the adapter plate. I have a 8" chimney and it works extremely well.

There should be some pics before the structure was built that show a little more detail.

Comment

• Nice! I will build it as your directions.

I appreciate for your help!

Comment

• Update!

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• I love my oven day after day!!!

Comment

• Hi,
                    My oven is almost ready,only the chimney need to attach.
                    I plan to start curing fires with ceramic fiber blanket on the dome.
                    So,how many days need to wait before put the ceramic blanket on the dome and start the fires?

Comment

• This is where being patient is important. I have seen many builders get really excited, fire up the oven to high temps too soon and all their hard work ends up cracking. David S always suggest placing a piece of plastic over the dome and if condensation forms you still have water in the dome. You can start with low heat from charcoal or halogen lights and you wont' get over 200 F. You can also loose fit blanket during curing as well to inspect for condensation. But you don't want to get the blanket saturated then install you outer shell coating.
                      Russell
                      Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

• In my country the weather is very hot and the temprature is almost 35-37 celcius evey day.
                        I hope that will dry faster.
                        A week to wait is good enough or need more?
                        I will try also the method with plastic.

Comment

• Chimney base ready!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Bonus photo:
                                My friend,the builder

Comment

Working...
                                X