No announcement yet.

My first attempt for 42" oven / changed to 36"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first think is to insulate until last brick in front of vent,at the right and left and also all the vent around.
    This will be better for my oven?

Comment

• Today i insepct inside and i saw some cracks.Also i have and on the other side of the vent arch a crack..
      Please i need your help,is it bad for my oven?
      Need to do something??
      Click image for larger version  Name:	daφή.JPG Views:	1 Size:	73.4 KB ID:	398473Click image for larger version  Name:	daγραφή.JPG Views:	1 Size:	129.6 KB ID:	398474Click image for larger version  Name:	212φή.JPG Views:	1 Size:	128.2 KB ID:	398475
      Last edited by George_M; 06-06-2017, 12:28 PM.

Comment

• not a problem, just hairline cracks. We all have them and some bigger. Is your oven fully cured?
        Texman Kitchen
        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/t...ild-17324.html

Comment

• Yes,i wait few months before start fires..Also,my oven is under a roof and i don't have any issues with rain or water to come on the dome or under the floor.
          It's protected 100%
          About vent crack in previous page?
          Which your opinion?
          Thanks texman.

Comment

• the crack in the vent is normal as well. If all you have are hairline like those, no worries at all. The cracks that you have may get bigger when the oven is hot and then shrink back to what your pictures show when the oven cools. That is normal. If you get some larger cracks, you can fill those if they bother you. If you have a brick oven, you have cracks in it.
            Texman Kitchen
            http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/t...ild-17324.html

Comment

• Need to insulate all the vent?Or it's not a problem?

Comment

• Hey George. Looks like you're making some nice progress. I might be doing a brick oven like yours also but I'm not sure if I had to have a permit or if it would affect our property taxes. So I'm going to try to do a small castable.
                I went to Lagadas today for some firebricks and fireclay and the guy there directed me to a place nearby that sells ovens. 480 euros for 80cm diameter dome without the stand. That was after he told me that the home brew recipe for refactory concrete I've seen here wouldn't work. He may be right but I'm going to have to give it a shot.
                Anyway here's a pic of the ready-made. . Tried typing Gia sou in Greek but it didn't take.
                Last edited by jersey bob souvlaki; 06-12-2017, 09:54 AM.

Comment

• Hi jersey,
                  Sorry for delay responce to your post.
                  This oven is castable as you said and is common here in Greece when you need a ready oven.
                  I prefer to make my own,as i did,but if you has no free time you must buy this one.
                  As for the diameter,is 80cm internal or external diameter?

Comment

• My first pizza party was completed!
                    I made 11 pizzas and they are perfect!!The dough was soft and crispy together..
                    I love my wood oven bake by bake..

Comment

• Comment

• Haven't heard from you in a while so congrats on the completion of the oven and your first pizza party. The more you fire the oven the better if performs and you learn all the nuances of your oven.
                        Russell
                        Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

• Thanks!
                          It's time to bake more and more Utah.
                          My oven is perfect and reach very hight temperatures!

Comment

• I bake pizzas on 19/9..today my oven is almost 40oC
                            Wow!!
                            3 days after is not cold,also the door is not insulated not totaly closed!!
                            Amazing!

Comment

• My oven is amazing!!!
                              Thanks all guys who helped me!!

Comment

• So far 76 pizza are baked!!

I cooked the first leg lamb.4 hours slow cook at 200C.
                                Was amazing!!!!
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181013_131333.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	394.4 KB
ID:	408977Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181013_131850.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	451.1 KB
ID:	408978Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181013_132033.jpg
Views:	303