• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gugahulk
    replied
    Re: Randy's dreams do come true oven build

Originally posted by RandyJ View Post
    Well I got a lot done this weekend. I got my heat break insulated and the oven insulated. Got pretty much all the framework done and roof and cement board put on. I got it all tarped up and hope that the rain does not get in.

Randy
    Wow randy its really coming together nicely. Congrats! I can smell the pizza already!

Leave a comment:

• RandyJ
    replied

Well I got a lot done this weekend. I got my heat break insulated and the oven insulated. Got pretty much all the framework done and roof and cement board put on. I got it all tarped up and hope that the rain does not get in.

Randy

Leave a comment:

• RandyJ
    replied

Yeah the pizza party's would be a blast. I would love to do that.

Randy

Leave a comment:

• mrchipster
    replied

Wow you do quick work. And one more nice day this weekend. I am not sure. On the metal lathe, I did not use it for the brickwork I did, but I did use brick ties to keep things in place.

Ditto on the pizza parties.

Leave a comment:

• gastagg
    replied

Randy, that looks really great. I'm really impressed! Looking forward to all of us getting together and eating some pizzas from each of our ovens!

Leave a comment:

• RandyJ
    replied

Well I got a fair amount done today. So I am now almost completely wore out. I got a lot of the cement board on and now have the counter all framed up.I went with 18 gage studs. I think they will be plenty strong. I don't have all the screws in the cement board yet bit the structure feels rock solid. I just need to do a few more things tomarrow.

On to a question. For my stone veneer do I need to put up metal lath on the cement board and if so do I continue it on to the block stand? This is for the scratch cote.thanks for the help.

Randy

Leave a comment:

• RandyJ
    replied

Her are a few quick pictures of what I have framed up so far. I am hoping to get most of the cement board on today as well.

Randy

Leave a comment:

• mrchipster
    replied

Hey Chip here is where I am at with the top of the vent. And a shot of the blanket installed.

Randy
    Nice, and the rain let up just in time for the house build.

Leave a comment:

• RandyJ
    replied

Hey Chip here is where I am at with the top of the vent. And a shot of the blanket installed.

Randy

Leave a comment:

• RandyJ
    replied

It is a stainless adapter for black stove pipe. I believe that it is all stainless just painted to match black pipe.

Randy

Leave a comment:

• mrchipster
    replied

Here it is.

Randy
    Looks like black pipe. I think you want to keep with stainless.
    Last edited by mrchipster; 06-20-2015, 06:30 AM.

Leave a comment:

• RandyJ
    replied

Here it is.

Randy

Leave a comment:

• RandyJ
    replied

I also have one of those as well. It is getting to be pretty wore out as that is how I cut my patio out for my slab. Thanks for the offer. I will see how it draws. I found one option as a work around at menards. It is a stove pipe adaptor . I think I. Could cut some brick to just fit it and attach my chimney.

Randy

Leave a comment:

• mrchipster
    replied

Wait a while, let things firm up. I have a nice smooth diamond blade for my 4 inch that you can borrow. No rush and if you ar happy with the smoke exiting it does not even need to be done. Just optimizing the smoke trail.

Leave a comment:

• RandyJ
    replied

Do you mean to take a grinder and take the edge of and round it off a little? I do have a diamond cup wheel. I just worrie that it could knock lose a brick.

Randy

Leave a comment:

Working...
X