X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acoma
    replied
    Re: Acoma 42" Tuscan

Dusty, mine survived the 60+ mph winds due to each internal AND external corner being tied down to large cinder blocks, and roped around the tent as well. I need to get the tent at top re-adjusted, it is sagging with snow and water. The night was CRAZY. At least you had power.

Leave a comment:

• dusty
    replied

Originally posted by Acoma View Post
    Our family was freezing. Was not fun to see the valley cozy and us screwed.
    That sucks!
    I assume you had strong winds too. We got slammed. My poor lil' oven house took a big hit. From your pics, it looks like yours held up. Doesn't look like the snow blew off of it.
    Good luck Robert.

dusty

Leave a comment:

• Acoma
    replied

This is from last night. For us, this is a lot, but only storm one of three. We are supposed to get this much again tonight, then again Sunday night.
    I also wish to share how pissed I am with our electric company in Reno. Our quadrant aparently has a transformer that likes to blow during big storms, and the idiot company does not get backups. From our home we can see the entire valley. What did we see during the night, our own area blacked out (12 hours) with our home dropping to near 40's inside. Our family was freezing. Fricking idiot company. Was not fun to see the valley cozy and us screwed. Now we wait to see if it is repeated the next two nights? I will share as I can.

Leave a comment:

• Acoma
    replied

Well, today I cut all the arch bricks. I may or may not get to doing the arch over the next week, depending on the storm system coming our way. It will drive me crazy with free time not spent getting the arch done. Like I said, arch then dome. I only hope the arch looks as good as the arch wall. going simple on the arch template, two plys cut to fit, seperated by small 2x4 block. I want to see each brick at the necessary spot with the ability to clean shortly afterwards. Who knows, maybe good, maybe bad idea. Ideas seem to be on the good so far.

Leave a comment:

• gjbingham
    replied

Quick, get your skis ready....

Leave a comment:

• Acoma
    replied

Guess what? No rush indeed. We have a storm system coming towards us and they are calling it the biggest in 50 years. We may get a foot + at my elevation, but higher up should get maybe 10 feet. Well, we will see. Glad Costco is open, I will be stocking up in case. They say that if this is true, forget the main artery (I-80) for supplies, would be shut down for quite a while. And look out Colorado, you would get your share too.
    Well, I marked all the arch bricks today, cutting them tomorrow morning, then to the store for supplies, new blades, etc. Must be smart.

Leave a comment:

• gjbingham
    replied

Acoma,
    You're doing a great job. No rush. Enjoy your family. The oven will be done before you know it.
    G.

Leave a comment:

• Les
    replied

Robert,

I followed your link and it took 3-4 seconds to load. No issues on your side.

Les...

Leave a comment:

• Acoma
    replied

FB, maybe their server was down, or your connection was not fast enough for downloading the images? I tested it out and it opened quickly. Can you try again, and a couple other of you as well?
    Frances, .30 each. I totally got sold on them, with quality being great. Many would be good for only half a brick, but at .30 you still save big. On my last load the guys brought two pallets out, and I was able to go through them for the best. Very nice of them.

Leave a comment:

• Frances
    replied

Firebricks three minutes away AND only costing 30 cents each? Wow...!!!

Leave a comment:

• fullback66
    replied

How long does it take to load the pictures so I can see the progress? I went to Picasa and all it does is load?

How long does this take?

Am I doing something wrong?
    fb66

Acoma nice work.

Leave a comment:

• dusty
    replied

Originally posted by Acoma View Post
    you are 3 minutes from fresh supplies. You need more photos of the arch
    Three minutes, yes. But how am I supposed to ask him to fork lift out that pallet and buy four or five at 30 cents a piece? "Can I please get a buck fifty worth?"

I will post tonight's pics on my post.

dusty

Leave a comment:

• Acoma
    replied

Thank you Sarah.
    Dusty, you are funny. Saying you would be worried, and counting so close with every brick, well, you are 3 minutes from fresh supplies I would be 3.5 hour round trip plus brick gathering.... I am glad to see your dome is done. You need more photos of the arch, and photos of inner work w/ bricks. Possible tomorrow?
    Last edited by Acoma; 12-29-2007, 10:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• RTflorida
    replied

I'm with Sarah, I REALLY like that flaired entry. Great idea, great execution.

RT

Leave a comment:

• sarah h
    replied

Wow, so the fun has begun! I really like your cut-away entry bricks - wish I'd thought of that!

Sarah

Leave a comment:

Working...
X