It's time to go Vertical

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: It's time to go Vertical

I've said it before.... What a view. Can I move in with you???? I'll do your dishes!
    George
    GJBingham
    -----------------------------------
    Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

-

Comment

Despite my distraction I have finished my third course and the sides of the front vent area.
      RCLake

"It's time to go Vertical"
      Oven Thread

Comment

I am envious on so many levels, I don't know where to begin.

Great work!
        Jim

Comment

I don't know if I would get any work done on your site. I'd be out water skiing or fishing all the time.

Your build is looking great. I noticed a distinct lack of beer bottles in the area. Scary! :0

G.
          GJBingham

-

Comment

Its hard to know what to watch on your thread - the oven build (seems to be going up really fast) or the view! That lake seems to be a different colour in every picture you post...
            "Building a Brick oven is the most fun anyone can have by themselves." (Terry Pratchett... slightly amended)

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/p...pics-2610.html
            http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f9/p...nues-2991.html

Comment

I want to say that it is interesting seeing the evolution of the arches. Seems that more now are usting the inside 1" squared area from wall to dome, as well as the flared entry area. I am not original, but love the ideas that we are evolving. RC, I got my combined idea from Les and JC Jim for my arch design, and yours looks to be a copy of that idea, or am I wrong?
              An excellent pizza is shared with the ones you love!

Acoma's Tuscan:
              http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/a...scan-2862.html

Comment

Originally posted by gjbingham View Post
                Your build is looking great. I noticed a distinct lack of beer bottles in the area. Scary! :0

G.
                They come out as soon as the saw is done for the day. Like right now!
                RCLake

Oven Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Frances View Post
                  Its hard to know what to watch on your thread - the oven build (seems to be going up really fast) or the view! That lake seems to be a different colour in every picture you post...
                  To me it seems like it is taking forever. I do need the time to think through how I'm going to connect the dome to the entrance. I'm getting to the interesting part right now and will have to move bricks around and figure something out.

I'm almost done with the fourth course and decided to take a picture now since the lake is extremely still. A front is coming Thursday and will bring cold and wind but it is gorgeous out now.
                  RCLake

Oven Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Acoma View Post
                    I want to say that it is interesting seeing the evolution of the arches. Seems that more now are usting the inside 1" squared area from wall to dome, as well as the flared entry area. I am not original, but love the ideas that we are evolving. RC, I got my combined idea from Les and JC Jim for my arch design, and yours looks to be a copy of that idea, or am I wrong?
                    I've loved there work and am copying about everything I'm doing. Not to there sophistication, I'm just flying by the seat of my pants. Hoping it all comes together.
                    I did most of the 4th row and the dome arch, other than the final keystone. I had cut it to big, didn't factor in enough for mortar.
                    RCLake

Oven Thread

Comment

I copied the same picture twice sorry. Here's a close up of the arch.

I'm only mixing up about 7 pounds of Heat Stop at a time and by the end of the batch it has really dried up. Have anyone else noticed that?
                      RCLake

Oven Thread

Comment

RC - you need to be carefull, your oven is going to start hiding the lake What kind of fish is in there?

BTW, nice arch...

Les...
                        Check out my pictures here:
                        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Les View Post
                          RC - you need to be carefull, your oven is going to start hiding the lake What kind of fish is in there?

BTW, nice arch...

Les...
                          We placed the oven in an area that from our patio blocks our neighbor's pool equipment - no way were we going to block the lake. Richland Chambers Reservoir is known for its Bass - sand(white) and hybrids, catfish - both blue and channel, and crappie. So far I've only gone after bass but I'm in the learning process there as well, as building a WFO!
                          Arch - thanks but I kind of copied you and others.
                          Last edited by RCLake; 01-15-2008, 08:05 AM.
                          RCLake

Oven Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Frances View Post
                            Frances, this picture is for you. the coloUr of our sunset are so influenced by the cloud cover.
                            RCLake

Oven Thread

Comment

That's not even nice. I coming to stay for a couple of weeks.
                              GJBingham

-

Comment

RC, it looks like you went from 3 courses of full thickness bricks to the forth being half thickness. Jusst curious to what the plan is now?
                                An excellent pizza is shared with the ones you love!

Acoma's Tuscan:
                                http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/a...scan-2862.html

Comment

Working...
                                X