No announcement yet.

MY NEW 42"OVEN BUILD.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A "subsriber" would be the person who started the thread and all who who have responded to the thread. Anyone who is "subsribed" to a thread should recieve a notification in their forum Messages (top right of the page) , if the thread has had a response. If all the settings and preferences are satisfied in the user profiles, each subscriber should also recieve an email notification that a new post has been added to that discussion. One can also subscribe to a thread that they are interested in by just selecting the subscribe box on that thread without posting.

Hope this helps .
    Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Originally posted by ivancito View Post
      Hi Guys, Getting started again on my WFO and was able to buy 9 boards of INSBLOCK19 for $20. each. More than I needed but now I can double stack and get 5"inches under my cooking floor.
      Ivancito, what is your plan for stacking the Insblok and getting a double layer? You were planning on insulating under your dome, weren't you? I had the same thickness of boards, and it took 10 boards to go under my floor and dome bricks. I used an additional 2 boards under my vent floor, but in retrospect I am not sure they were needed. My oven OD was 48 inches (39" ID) and with the 5 boards doubled there was very little waste. Are you sure you are going to be able to do double thickness under a 42" ID oven with 9 boards?
      My build thread
      https://community.fornobravo.com/for...h-corner-build

Comment

Originally posted by Gulf View Post
        A "subsriber" would be the person who started the thread and all who who have responded to the thread. Anyone who is "subsribed" to a thread should recieve a notification in their forum Messages (top right of the page) , if the thread has had a response. If all the settings and preferences are satisfied in the user profiles, each subscriber should also recieve an email notification that a new post has been added to that discussion. One can also subscribe to a thread that they are interested in by just selecting the subscribe box on that thread without posting.

Hope this helps .
        Thanks Gulf for the good explanation.

Comment

Here is my floor template on luan plywood. Can you guys take a look and see if the dimensions will work for my 42" build.
          Ivancito

Comment

Originally posted by JRPizza View Post
            Ivancito, what is your plan for stacking the Insblok and getting a double layer? You were planning on insulating under your dome, weren't you? I had the same thickness of boards, and it took 10 boards to go under my floor and dome bricks. I used an additional 2 boards under my vent floor, but in retrospect I am not sure they were needed. My oven OD was 48 inches (39" ID) and with the 5 boards doubled there was very little waste. Are you sure you are going to be able to do double thickness under a 42" ID oven with 9 boards?
            JRPIZZA thanks for the reply, Yes I was planning on a 2" FB boards but the shipping from California was too much for me. And now I will just have to go with a single layer of 2.5" as you have made me aware I
            don't have enough boards to double stack. Thanks for the help, much appreciated.
            Ivancito

Comment

I think most of your dementions look pretty good. Your door may be a little wide but doable. The one I may want to change is the revel at the oven entry. I would recommend another. 5" on each side. So 1.5" on each side. The rest looks good.

Randy

Comment

Door width is not critical so 20" is fine, door height is though, should be 63-65% of dome height.
                Russell
                Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Good catch. I forgot to mention that. That is one of the more critical design issues that must be followed to get the oven to function properly.

Randy

Comment

Originally posted by RandyJ View Post
                    I think most of your dementions look pretty good. Your door may be a little wide but doable. The one I may want to change is the revel at the oven entry. I would recommend another. 5" on each side. So 1.5" on each side. The rest looks good.

Randy
                    Good eye Randy, I will reduce opening to 20" and also gain 1/2 on each side for the 1 1/2 door reveal. The 1 1/2 makes sense because I intend on beveling my arch bricks for smoother smoke flow and the extra width will allow me to still have at least a flat 1" surface for my door to rest against.
                    Ivancito

Comment

Originally posted by joeykramer View Post
                      Nice start Ivan. This site is great,

I've got my walls up and ready for the weekend to pour the floating slab and I am now thinking too that I should probably wait until spring time to start laying some brick. I'm in NJ and will only have the weekends to work on it too.

Good luck and keep posting
                      Hi, just wondering how your build is going. I was able to find the INSBLOCK19 and bought some fire bricks, just waiting on buying my saw. Keep posting.
                      Ivan

Comment

Hi Everyone,
                        I have my IT built and was just trying to adjust it to proper dome height and correct radius of 21". My plan is to recess the caster below the brick and attach it to the FB boards because the center of the caster is the exact thickness of my bricks, thus allowing for a round dome.I hope! Any comments or concerns would be greatly appreciated, as soon as I can find the designer to this style IT I will thank him, I think it was texman.
                        Thanks
                        Ivan

Comment

Looks good. Your dome won't be exactly round if the IT pivot isn't dead center and floor level - but close enough! You can probably adjust the height but the offset in the wheel gives a little flat spot at the top.
                          My build progress
                          My WFO Journal on Facebook
                          My dome spreadsheet calculator

Comment

Ivancito can you unscrew your L bracket from the end of your rod? I think when you get to the upper courses you might need a smaller bracket - I did as the bricks tend to get smaller. I also made an attachment to hold a pencil which can help laying out arch bricks and marking your floor.
                            My build thread
                            https://community.fornobravo.com/for...h-corner-build

Comment

Finally bought my HF brick saw, paid $230. with a 20% off discount coupon. Instead of buying a stand I had an old camping grill with a sturdy stand on wheels that worked just fine.
                              Can you guys give me any info on setting the pump in a bucket method, will I have to drill a hole in the water basin?
                              thanks
                              Ivancito

Comment

Woot Woot!! My first brick cut , feeling super excited finally back at it.
                                Ivan.

Comment

Working...
                                X