No announcement yet.

MY NEW 42"OVEN BUILD.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water and ice shield is on and also the 2x4 boards to nail the soffits.

Comment

• Ivan, do you have to meet any building codes with your chimney? I didn't need a permit, but non-permitted structures are still expected to meet code (in my county at least) and their code is 2' above the immediate structure, with some additional restrictions regarding structures within 10', which didn't apply to me. I'm going to end up having to add some pipe to mine, as it was closer to the roof than yours was.
      My build thread
      https://community.fornobravo.com/for...h-corner-build

Comment

• JR, I havent pulled any permits on this build and i am 25' from my house. I didnt measure but looks like i have at least 18" to the top of my rain cap, oh i am also 250' from my closest neighbor and 1200' from the road. Dont think anyone will be bothered by the smoke.
        Thanks for your concerns.
        Ivan

Comment

• JR, I plan on leaving it as is for now. Perhaps after a couple winters of snowfalls i can buy a 2' pipe length and switch out the 12" pipe.
          Thanks
          Ivan

Comment

• Hi everyone, I have been busy with other projects and finally was able to spend some time on my wfo build. I currently have a 4"inch ceramic blanket layered on my dome and 1" around my vent. I know most builds also fill the enclosure with coarse vermiculite but I think I will skip the vermiculite and finish my enclosure. I need to save the cost of the vermiculite and spend it on my roofing materials. Does anyone offer any opinions on my decision. I will post more pics soon.
            Ivan

Comment

• I don't see a problem. It is not really necessary. It is just a little extra insurance. I would install a removable louvered vent, at least, in the back gable. Ventilation is necessary for any structure. From it, if you decide to, you can always add the vermiculite later. If not a a louvered vent in front, a removable decorative piece in the apex would help a bunch.
              Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

• Good advise Gulf !!!
                I will plan on adding the louvered vent to the back gable end of my enclosure.
                thanks again.
                Ivan

Comment

• Some pics of my progress so far. I have the roof ready for asphalt shingles, I had planned on slate but the old slate í have found to be too brittle. I have also used cedar shingles on front and back gables.
                  Ivan.

Comment

• Comment

• Chicken and cheese biscuits in my wfo. Have been doing more cooking then actually building on my oven.

Comment

• Really enjoyed reading and following your build......I am about to break ground next month. Yours will be one I reference a lot. Cheers
                        https://picasaweb.google.com/1029081...00165373509921

Comment

• Welcome Damer, to the Forum and good luck on your build. I am still working on the finish work of my oven but can honestly say it has been the most fun and satisfying project I have worked on, you too will feel the same at some stage of your build.
                          Ivan

Comment

• Just some pics of my progress.

Comment

• Looks great Ivancito! If you haven't already, you might want to think about putting some screening under the eaves...squirrels & mice love to take insulation materials back to their nests or decide why not use the enclosure to make a new home.

Chicken & biscuits look delicious! At this stage, there's nothing wrong with using the oven more than doing finishing work. It actually is a good thing, because you often decide to make additions and minor modifications to the enclosure (tool hangers, etc.) based on the cooking experiences (another/more counter or prep space off to the side, etc.)
                              Mike Stansbury - The Traveling Loafer
                              Roseburg, Oregon

FB Forum: The Dragonfly Den build thread
                              Available only if you're logged in = FB Photo Albums-Select media tab on profile
                              Blog: http://thetravelingloafer.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Thanks Sable, yes I intend on using wood planks to cover the eaves, just have not gotten to it yet. As you said I have spent more time cooking then actually working on the finishing touches of my oven. Will get back on track soon since winter is at our door step.
                                Good Luck.
                                Ivan

Comment

Working...
                                X